What's new

Mountings for JBL S36 (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
What did you folks use to mount your JBL S36s' to the walls? I was going to use Omnimount 20s, but thought I might ask if anyone has found any method that is easier/better. FYI - the JBL S36 are 11 lbs a piece. If a product, please list the specific name so I can search it out on the web.

Thanks to any who can offer some advice.

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
Joe,
The S36's have 4 mounting keyholes in the back, and are intended to be hung right on the wall. I believe there are tilt/swivel mounting arms that happen to line up just right with those holes to give you more positioning freedom, but the make/model of them has escaped my memory.
The S36's have a built in tilt, so mounting them flush against the wall will inclines the cones about 10 (this is from memory, so it might not be accurate) degrees downward. JBL supplies two templates for where to put mounting screws, so hanging them is pretty easy if you're handy with a power drill and a screwdriver. Just tape the template to the wall, nice and level, and put your screws through the marked spots, leaving the heads exposed just abit (1/2" I think). Then carefully hang the speaker, having already put the supplied rubber isolation pads on the back to keep it from vibrating the wall.
JBL does highly recommend that at least 2 of the screws (basically one side) are screwed into a stud to hold the weight of the speaker. I personally used special drywall hangers which are rated at (I think) 25lbs a piece, since I didn't have studs where I wanted the speakers. They are two part, one large white plastic part which is basically hammered and then screwed into the drywall, and a metal screw which is then screwed into the plastic part to hold the speaker. 6 months later and they're still holding like champs, so I think they're just fine :)
Hope this answers your questions :)
-- Dave

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Sweet, thanks David. Sounds like I should be all set with what JBL sends with the speakers.

Best,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks