Mounting the 1503 and the d*mn T-nuts

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg P, Apr 4, 2002.

  1. Greg P

    Greg P Stunt Coordinator

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2001
    Messages:
    92
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I have my sealed 17.5in 1503 done. Has anyone with 1503 had problems mounting it throught the rubber sheath. I had to bore the rubber out a bit more to get the screws through. The T-nuts are also less than lack luster to work with. I will get some pics up in a week or so. It looks pretty. All gloss black. I have to figure out the BFD before its running. One more question is W-D 40 ok to use to get masking tape off of laminate(I used it to protect the laminate when I routed the sides)?

    Thanks
     
  2. ThomasW

    ThomasW Cinematographer

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 1999
    Messages:
    2,282
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Greg

    I just pull off and throw away the rubber rings. To me their more trouble than their worth.

    Also I got tired of playing with T-nuts. Now I just cut small blocks from oak 1"X2"s and glue one behind each speaker mounting hole.

    Laminate is really tough stuff. I clean it up with acetone
     
  3. I used T-nuts on my 1503 with without much problem. I used 10-32 bolts from PE (260-776). These were small enough for the rubber, but the head was a little small for my tastes so I backed it up with a little washer.
     

Share This Page