What's new

Mounting the 1503 and the d*mn T-nuts (1 Viewer)

Greg P

Stunt Coordinator
I have my sealed 17.5in 1503 done. Has anyone with 1503 had problems mounting it throught the rubber sheath. I had to bore the rubber out a bit more to get the screws through. The T-nuts are also less than lack luster to work with. I will get some pics up in a week or so. It looks pretty. All gloss black. I have to figure out the BFD before its running. One more question is W-D 40 ok to use to get masking tape off of laminate(I used it to protect the laminate when I routed the sides)?

Thanks

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Greg

I just pull off and throw away the rubber rings. To me their more trouble than their worth.

Also I got tired of playing with T-nuts. Now I just cut small blocks from oak 1"X2"s and glue one behind each speaker mounting hole.

Laminate is really tough stuff. I clean it up with acetone

A

Anthony_Gomez

I used T-nuts on my 1503 with without much problem. I used 10-32 bolts from PE (260-776). These were small enough for the rubber, but the head was a little small for my tastes so I backed it up with a little washer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks