1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Mounting surrounds

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by JeffreyAS, Mar 9, 2005.

1. JeffreyAS

JeffreyAS Auditioning

I'm just putting together my first HT (very basic) and need some tips about mounting the surround speakers. My surrounds are NS-333s and I want to mount them to the ceiling. With this in mind, I purchased some Vantage Point (bkspe) mounting brackets. The NS-333s have a small mounting bracket on the back, but it's too small for the speaker plate on the mounting brackets. However, the screw/drill holes on the NS-333 for the mounting plate are spaced perfectly to attach the bracket directly without having to drill into the speaker. I was wondering if anyone had any tips about attaching the brackets directly to the NS-333s in such a manner. My main concern is stress on the speaker cabinets mounting them in such a way. The NS-333s weigh about 12 lbs. Any advice/comments for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Groovy site!

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Jeffery,

It’s going to be impossible for anyone who doesn’t have first-hand experience with the exact equipment you’re using to answer your question without some pictures. Can you provide some, either your own or manufacturer’s websites?

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. JeffreyAS

JeffreyAS Auditioning

Thanks for the response Wayne. I don't have any pics of my own of the speakers, but there are good pics/specs on yamaha's site (sorry, being such a newbie I can't post a link).

I actually mounted the bracket plate on the back of the speakers last night and so far so good. The cabinet of the speakers seem pretty sound and sturdy so the final install should pose no problems.

I'm sure my final system will pale in comparison to some of the excellent systems I've seen on this site, but once done maybe I'll be able to post some pics.

Thanks again.