Mounting rear speakers.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChuckM, Feb 22, 2003.

1. ChuckM

ChuckM Stunt Coordinator

Can I use the omnimount spearker mounts on the rear speakers of the Onkyo ht-s650. It says it needs a 4mm or 5mm bolt insert. Do the rear speakers have this? If not could you please tell me of any other wall speaker mounts. Also I would like to be able to adjust the angle of the speakers.
    TIA!!!!

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

it's been a while since i sold the omnimounts, but i thought they had a special "plate" thing-a-ma-jig that would allow you to attach it to the back of any speaker.

it's basically a square piece of metal with a hole in each corner. you attach that to the back of the speaker with screws? essentially, with this method you wouldn't need to worry about whether the speaker had a pre-threaded hole?

again, not sure. i know cc has them...you may wanna check them out there.

3. Henry Hughes

Henry Hughes Agent

I have the same speaker set. And I used this mounts. The speakers have a keyhole mount on the back. However none of the screws in the mount package fit the keyhole. So I took off the keyhole mount and attached the bracket that came with the above speaker mounts. Worked like a charm.

4. Drew Eckhardt

Drew Eckhardt Stunt Coordinator

You can buy Omnimounts in all sorts of configurations.

I'm using the pipe adapter to mounting plate configuration.

On the speaker side, I cut some 1/2" plywood to match my speaker bottoms, drilled holes to match the terminal cup screw pattern, and t-nutted holes to match the Omnimount plate. The tweeters get mounted lower, there are no extra holes, and it will look good once I pull it apart and paint the plywood black.

The omnimounts then attach via 1/2 pipe to flanges, which I've drilled to mate to ceiling fan boxes. The ceiling fan boxes in turn have Greenfield conduit which leads to my equipment closet.

Height is adjustable through the use of different length pipe/nipple.

5. Tim OK

Tim OK Auditioning

I used a style that actually hooks over the bottom lip of the rear of the speaker and holds it against a cage in the front. These are from Home Depot. Allow you to adjust left and right and fore and aft to point them correctly.
    [​IMG]