What's new

Mounting Rear Speakers - Help! (1 Viewer)

Rich.S

Auditioning
I just picked up a pair of Hales Revelation One speakers that I'm planning on using for rear speakers, but I'm having trouble deciding how to mount them.

My room is 11.5' wide and about 20' deep, but the rear wall is open into the next room, so stands are not an option. To complicate things further, the speakers are 15"x7.5"x13" (HxWxD), so they need to be mounted high on the wall so people walking into the room won't hit their heads on them.

Ideally, I would like to NOT drill into the speaker in the fashion that the Omnimounts attach to a speaker. Does anyone know of a wall bracket that can accomodate a 13" deep speaker, but that also will allow a good bit of tilt so I can aim the tweeter? I'm considering 13" TV stands as an option, any thoughts?

Thanks.

Rich

Drew Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
You can attach an Omnimount to a plywood base, which in turn screws to a speaker through the holes used for its terminal cup.

Rich.S

Auditioning
Drew,

Can you be a little more descriptive? The binding posts are 2" from the bottom of the speaker, are you suggesting to attach a plywood base to the speaker terminals?

Rich

Curt_Saw

Auditioning
Rich,

Do a web search for a company called b-tech. The model number, BT77 should give you an idea - these are side clamping mounts - no drilling required. They swivel and tilt.

Hope this helps.

JasonALL

Auditioning
I use the btech bt77's for my jbl s-26's. They can hold a speaker 13" deep. There are 3 pictures of my surrounds in my yahoo briefcase. f2(.)pg(.)briefcase(.)yahoo(.)com/sylver272000 or go to yahoo briefcases and look for sylver272000

remove the ( )

click on my documents, and they are titled "rear surrounds" "right surround" and "left surround)

Only problem is that if you want to angle them up or down, they recommend putting a screw in at the bottom, they tend to want to tip otherwise.

Mike Barto

Grip
I have the BT77 mounts they are greast no drilling into your speakers and if you anchor them in a stud they can hold up to 50 lbs if I remeber right. I bought mine fron crutchfield

Drew Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator

The idea's to use existing screw holes of some sort. Usually the terminals are in some sort of cup. If this is on the rear of the speaker, you might make an L or C-shaped bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks