What's new

mounting projector (1 Viewer)

Greg Rooney

Auditioning
I just got my new Sanyo PLV Z2 and would like to know:
Can I mount it upside down from the ceiling?
If so how? If not why.
And if it can be mounted that way is there and advantage
or dissadvantage to rightside up vs upside down?
Thanks Greg

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
I am sure your Z2 has the ability to invert the image so the projector can be ceiling mounted.

You can make an inexpensive ceiling mount using standard pipe and flanges. Screw a flange to the ceiling joists, purchase the length of threaded pipe you need, screw a second flange to a 5/8 or 3/4 inch board (shelf material works well or plywood) and you have your ceiling mount. Now drill holes through the board to match the mounting threads built into the bottom of the projector. Get the necessary number and length of threaded bolts to allow the bolt to go through the board and screw (not too far) into the projector. My Panasonic uses 4 mm diameter and your Z2 might use the same metric size.

You want to minimize the use of the keystone correction circuit since this creates artifacts on the display. On my set up I have the projector about seven inches below the ceiling which allows me to have the top of the projected image begin at about six inches from the ceiling where I have the screen mounted. The lower you want to have the top of the projected image, the lower the projector must hang from the ceiling.

If you mount the projector right side up and suspend it from the ceiling on a shelf, then the projected image will actually begin above where the wall meets the ceiling and you will need to use keystone correction since you will have to angle the projector down to compensate.

You can also purchase ceiling mount kits, but they look ugly and cost alot.

If you remove the filter from the bottom of the projector, you either will need to take down the entire assembly when you clean the filter, cut a slot in the board to allow removal of the filter, or attach the filter to the outside of the projector.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the Z2. It sounds like a great projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks