Mounting Dipole Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Domonic A, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Domonic A

Domonic A Stunt Coordinator

Domonic Ableidinger
    I am going to be using B&W dipole speakers in my theater. My question is this:

Is it possible to have the junction box for the wire directly behind the speaker or would it have to be placed off the the side? I could either pull enough wire into the junction box or do they make a recessed binding post to fit the box.

Which way would you do it? I think it would be best to just have the wire coiled up in the junction box with out the use of binding posts.

Thanks for the help,

Domonic

2. Domonic A

Domonic A Stunt Coordinator

Domonic Ableidinger
    I am going to be using B&W dipole speakers in my theater. My question is this:

Is it possible to have the junction box for the wire directly behind the speaker or would it have to be placed off the the side? I could either pull enough wire into the junction box or do they make a recessed binding post to fit the box.

Which way would you do it? I think it would be best to just have the wire coiled up in the junction box with out the use of binding posts.

Thanks for the help,

Domonic

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Bingo. I’d have the wire coming out directly behind the speaker, so that it can’t be seen at all.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Bingo. I’d have the wire coming out directly behind the speaker, so that it can’t be seen at all.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt