What's new

Mountie Free Mr. Novak thread (1 Viewer)

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have wondered if there would be another volume of The Barbara Stanwyck Show released. I don't think the first two volumes contained all of the series. Or does anyone know if the remaining shows are lost or have some kind of rights issues?

I also enjoyed the Window on Main Street episodes Shout provided on the Father Knows Best releases. Too bad Shout didn't release a complete set of that series.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I have wondered if there would be another volume of The Barbara Stanwyck Show released. I don't think the first two volumes contained all of the series. Or does anyone know if the remaining shows are lost or have some kind of rights issues?

I also enjoyed the Window on Main Street episodes Shout provided on the Father Knows Best releases. Too bad Shout didn't release a complete set of that series.

I was also hoping that Shout Factory would release the full series of Window On Main Street on DVD, but they seem to be content with putting a few episodes as extras on the Father Knows Best sets.

As far as The Barbara Stanwyck Show goes, nine episodes have not yet been issued on DVD. I have to assume that these nine episodes are currently considered lost. One of the episodes on the DVD's, "Adventure On Happiness Street", the video quality isn't that good and it runs only in the 22 minute range, so it's an edited/syndicated version. The rest of the episodes on the DVD's seem to be uncut for the most part, although I think the tail endings are missing on some of them, the part where she comments on the episode just ended and gives a preview of next weeks episode. Some episodes are missing these comments/previews.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The Barbara Stanwyck Show was looked after by the William Morris Agency. Their idea of "looking after" television series was the same as NBC's method of looking after the Tonight Show. Which means, they chucked out all of the 35mm prints and negatives. It was actually pretty amazing that SFM was able to cobble together as much of the series as they did, all from 16mm prints of course. The remaining episodes weren't able to be located and now that Stanley Moger from SFM has passed away, there won't be anyone looking for them.

As for Window on Main Street, I've broached the subject with Shout and they don't feel that there would be enough interest or enough of a market for a failed one-season show, such as that, which has never been seen again anywhere since it ended in 1962. Whatever was included as the bonus episodes is likely all we'll ever see.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I agree that what's been released up till now of The Barbara Stanwyck Show is likely all we're going to get.

I can understand Shout Factory being reluctant to take a chance with Window On Main Street, they don't want to mass produce a bunch of DVD sets to only sell a few of them. This series would be a good candidate as a manufacture on demand release, but I don't know if Shout Factory would be interested in doing that either. I would order it if the series were made available as a M.O.D. release.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

Attachments

• 00 Dudley_do_right.jpg
    00 Dudley_do_right.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks