What's new

Moulin Rouge? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Saul

Stunt Coordinator
Is Moulin Rouge really a non-anamorphic widescreen DVD?

I this day and age, who would but out a widescreen DVD that is matted in a 4:3 window?

Edit:
DVDempire has it listed as non-anamorphic while Amazon has it listed as anamorphic - so which is it?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
MR features a supurb anamorphic transfer.

der...edited for spelling.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Damn, I gotta remember to use that-ther' spell check function more often :)

...damn typos!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Aw! I thought you making a joke since Paul said "who would but out a widescreen DVD that is matted in a 4:3 window?"

Replacing the 'p' in "put" to a 'b'. Oh well. It was funny in my head. :D

Paul_Saul

Stunt Coordinator
I recently saw a one disc Moulin Rouge and a two disc version of Moulin Rouge for sale - are the transfers the same?
They seemed to be...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Isn't the single-disc package simply Disc 1 of the two-disc package? If so, then you're losing everything that's on Disc 2.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
what supplements are lost 2disc to 1disc and are they worth it?
From what I understand, the only "extras" on the single-disc version are the commentaries. Disc 2 of the 2-disc set had the great bulk of the extras.

I think it is absolutely worth it. Disc 2 is simply loaded with extras - BTS, marketing, Easter eggs, you name it.

If you're only a mild fan of the film, the single-disc version might suffice. If, like me, you love it, the 2-disc is a MUST HAVE.

Disc Two Contents:

"The Making of Moulin Rouge" HBO special

5 "Star" featurettes: Nicole Kidman, Ewan McGregor, John Leguizamo, Jim Broadbent, Richard Roxburgh

The Story Is About...: interview with writers Baz Luhrmann and Craig Pearce; Craig Pearce reads early treatment; old storyline and script comparisons

The Cutting Room: interview with Baz Luhrmann and editor Jill Bilcock; unseen footage of abandoned edits (Come What May, Twice Across the Sky, Eidler's Rap, Outside It May Be Raining, Green Fairy Previsualisation); director's mock previsualisations

The Dance: A Word with Baz, Tango (extended & multicam), Hindi (extended), Can Can (extended & multicam), Coup d'Etat (extended & multicam)

The Music: The Musical Journey, interview with Fatboy Slim, The Lady Marmalade Phenomenon, Come What May

The Design: Interview with production designer and co-costume designer Catherine Martin, set design, interview with co-costume designer Angus Strathe, costume design, graphic design, smoke and mirrors

Marketing: International sizzle reel, photo gallery, the little red book, poster gallery, trailers, music promo spot, extended scenes & 4 re-cut dance sequences

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
The 2-disk set is going OOP, so grab it if you want it.

Peace Out~:D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Another enthusiastic vote for the 2 disc edition, one of the finest DVD's ever produced IMO! :) It's still one of the best film's in my collection even after a year and three months!

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
What is the DTS problem? I have heard about this for months and months now and have asked several times but never got an answer....I have a reciever (STR-DA4ES) but have not bought speakers yet so I am unable to test out the track yet. What's the problem?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Aaron,

there is a slight delay in the lip synch on the DTS track, the actors voices don't match with their lips, kinda like an old kung fu flick only not as bad.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Aaron, it's not a problem with the disk alone, but a combo of the disk with certain players. I have a JVC and have no lip-sync problems.

Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks