What's new

Moulin Rouge pixelization problem? (1 Viewer)

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I just bought and watched Moulin Rouge (hadn't seen it before). Wow, was I blown away. Awesome film!

I had a minor problem, though. 1 hour and about 3 seconds in, there was a 1/2 second loss of audio (DTS track), followed about a second later by pixellization over the entire screen, lasting a second or two.

Inspecting the disc closely, there are a few VERY minor scratches (I've played worse rentals without problems, but boy don't I hate it when it's scratched new/in box).

While it's possible the scratches are causing the problem, I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue. My player is an older Toshiba (2008), which has had trouble with only one other disc out of my 125+ collection (The Right Stuff, and that wasn't pixellization).

This certainly doesn't look like a layer change (I expect a 1/2 second loss of audio and a brief pause, but I never get pixellization on a lc), but does anyone know where the layer change is on this disc?

If the layer change is at 01:00:03 or thereabouts, I'll assume that's the cause and I won't trek back to the store to exchange the disc.

Thanks in advance.

-Scott

Tanner

Stunt Coordinator
I had the EXACT problem. I returned it, but i have not had a chance to see if my new copy works.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Thanks for the reply. I won't rush to return it, yet... since it's probably not the scratches.

-Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks