What's new

Moulin Rouge - Green Fairy interfers with subtitles (1 Viewer)

Shane L.

Auditioning
I rented this on Thursday and noticed that the subtitles turned off and on in one scene in the movie. It's the same problem as the Monty Python SE disk, only in reverse. It's the scene where Satine and Christian are singing on top of the elephant. Right after he says the line (can't remember exact lines, but if you watch the scene you'll know), "Love is like oxygen" the subtitles turn off and resumes when Satine says, "A girl has to eat".

So I went back to the main menu and turned on the Behind the Red Curtain feature (green fairy flashes on screen) and at that exact same scene where the subtitles dropped out, the fairy pops up. Has anyone experienced this problem on their player??

I have a Sony DVP-560D.

Thanks.

Shane L.

Auditioning
Anyone, anyone?? Help me out with this please. I want to know if my player is causing this or the disk.

Thanks.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Shane, I was watching this movie, this evening and indeed the subtitles do dissappear at this time, and reappear as you say, I did not notice this happen anywhere else in the film, I have a Panasonic rp 91...

Shane L.

Auditioning
Here's the time stamp : Chap. 14 0:00:12

The subtitles disappear right after Christian says, "Love is like oxygen." and resume when Satine says, "A girl has got to eat."

My player is a Sony DVP-360D.

Shane L.

Auditioning
For anyone who's still following this thread, I went ahead and watched the Behind the Red Curtain feature and wrote down the times at which the green fairy appears. At these times the subtitles disappear and reappear while the green fairy feature is off and the subtitle track turned on.
Chap. 2 | 0:01:57
Chap. 3 | 0:00:00
Chap. 4 | 0:00:12, 0:01:18
Chap. 14 | 0:00:12
Chap. 19 | 0:00:00
Chap. 33 | 0:01:25

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks