What's new

Moulin Rouge: Early Specs (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
from DVDFile:
Once again, Fox pulls out all the stops for its latest special edition, the summer musical extravaganza Moulin Rouge. Though only a moderate hit at the box office, the film developed an instant cult following and the two-disc DVD set, due 12/18, comes packed with extras. The THX-certified release sports a 2.35;1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and 5.1 surround track, an audio commentary with director Baz Luhrmann, the "Behind The Velvet Curtain" documentary chronicling the entire four-year production process, deleted and extended scenes, the HBO First-Look special, a multi-angle presentation of several key scenes with extensive choreography, two music videos for "Come What May" and "Lady Marmalade," the MTV Video Music Awards performance of "Marmalade," filmographies, trailers, and TV spots. Retail $29.95.
Fox will also release a three-disc box set with Moulin Rouge, along with Lurhmann's previous, acclaimed efforts Strictly Ballroom and Romeo + Juliet, the latter a new special edition (the previous DVD will be discontinued.) No further details are yet available on this set, but stay tuned.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
So is Strictly Ballroom going to be available separately I'd assume? I really want Moulin Rouge and Strictly Ballroom, but could care less about R+J.

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to enjoy Christmas this year. I loved the movie and have been eager to get the Red Curtain Trilogy on DVD so this is really excellent news.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I am so excited about this one...
I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but does that mean that "Romeo & Juliet: SE" will also be released on 12/18?
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Gavin_L

Second Unit
yeah santa will be treating me good this year, looks like i can add another flick for my christmas list. Looking like dec will be a great month for dvds.

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Any mention of DTS on the Moulin Rouge Soundtrack? While I'm fairly indifferent for most movie soundtracks, I think DTS will benefit a musical like Moulin Rouge.
Elbert

Jim C

Second Unit
Peter Staddon and Fox once again show us that their DVD's are without doubt the best on the market. I can't wait to get my hands on this title.
Many thanks and keep up the great work.
Jim Carter

Mikal Haydn

Agent
I'm so looking forward to the dvd since i've not had enough of the four viewings i had at the theater. the digital bits say it will include DTS. Either way, its a confirmed order.
As for the m-videos, wasn't there a video for 'Hindi sad diamonds'? I caught that on MTV...

Gerry A

Agent
I hope they include the website in it. Has anyone been to their site? It's really awesome, specially the "Tour The Sets" section, which allows one to explore the sets via virtual reality. If not, I hope they develop an expanded version of it on the disc.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Here's a shot of the cover artwork. Seems to represent the film well enough.
moulinrouge.jpg

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
Wow, beautiful cover! I love those paper 2disc cases ala Fight Club, Magnolia, Seven.
I haven't seen the movie, yet. Can wait to get it.

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
I think this will be an awesome release. Five Star and Baz Film, an absolut winner. Also i´m very excited about the new Romeo & Juliet release, one of my first DVD´s.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Fox will also release a three-disc box set with Moulin Rouge, along with Lurhmann's previous, acclaimed efforts Strictly Ballroom and Romeo + Juliet, the latter a new special edition (the previous DVD will be discontinued.) No further details are yet available on this set, but stay tuned.
How is this possible? Miramax owns the U.S. distribution rights to Strictly Ballroom. Has it been sold to FOX?
~Edwin
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780.html#8http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/006466.html

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
My curiosity is aroused! I missed MR in the theater so I'm really looking forward to the dvd. Need to see what I missed!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
If you like broadway musicals, this would be the equavalent, except tranlated rather ingeniously to the big screen.
elbert

Jason_H

Second Unit
I am quite the opposite! I DON'T like Broadway musicals at all, but yet I liked Moulin Rouge as it was very unconventional. I think I have determined I like some musicals, but only those which are very unique (like MR and Dancer in the Dark), and not the typical Broadway fare like Cats or whatever. Anyway, I will be buying this DVD!

Peter Staddon

Stunt Coordinator
These early specs don't do justice to the quality of the new material Baz has produced for this DVD release.
This will be a benchmark DVD, in terms of creativity and involvement of talent in the production of new material.
I am looking forward to this DVD more than any other title this year .. .. It will be this years "Fight Club" if you get what I mean.
Thanks for your interest,
Peter Staddon

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Peter, you forgot to say DTS again. I'd mention that as much as possible with this title. :)
Now about that November 1st screener that you could send me...
wink.gif

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Merry Christmas to me! With this and Hedwig coming out the week before I'll be in musical heaven.
------------------
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen"
S&S Challenge: 72 ...24
DVD BEAVER

My DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks