Moulin Rouge DVD problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Peeters, Dec 20, 2001.

1. David Peeters

I'm watching my copy of moulin rouge right now and using my xbox as a dvd player. about halfway through the movie Right after the doctor says Satine is dying
    I get alot of pixelization and stopping in the movie for about 5 minutes. Is anyone else having this problem?[​IMG]

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    No problems here. I've watched it twice and it has played perfectly both times on my JVC-S60.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

3. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

My copy (played on a Panny RV31) pixelated about 4 times during the movie, and would skip about a minute of the movie afterwards. So I took it back and got MADE instead...

4. David Peeters

anyone else have problems?

5. Andrew_Gordy

Andrew_Gordy Extra

I'm having the same problem too, but the breakup happens during Chapter 21 during the song "Come What May", but its pretty minor (it only happened once). I think the problem is due the X-box and not the disc because the first time I tried to play the movie, the X-box wouldn't even recognize it as a DVD movie.

6. David Peeters

I agree, the problem seems to be xbox related. I just watched the whole thing on my sony without a problem. Very odd though. Does anyone else know of DVDs that have a problem playing on the xbox?

7. Daniel W

Daniel W Agent

I rented it last night and had pixelation in chapters 14 and 23. My player is a panasonic cv51, which I've been told is merely the 5 disc carousel version of the rv31. The problem occurred during both dts and dolby digital playback. Other than the one already listed, any other panasonic folks having problems.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I also have a Toshiba 2109, and the same parts played fine on that machine, so I don't think it's a bad disc.

8. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

The first time through, my copy of MR restarted itself. It literally stopped in the middle of chapter 15 and went immediately back to 00:00:00 and started over again. First time that's ever happened on my Sony 5-disc changer with any title. Very odd.

9. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

Has any new info on this problem been found. I have a RP-91 and I get pixalation sparadically from chap 14 through chap 23. I have no problems playing the same disc on my laptop.

I have never had a disc problem with my RP-91 until this disc and seeing how it plays properly on my laptop dvd, I have to believe it is an authoring issue.

I also see the lip-sync problem during these chapters.

10. Andy Kim

Andy Kim Second Unit

I have the Panny RV30 and had NO probs with my rented copy of Moulin Rouge.

11. Ruben Zamora

Ruben Zamora Stunt Coordinator

EASY, THE XBOX IS A GAME CONSOLE, NOT A DVD PLAYER!! [​IMG]
    I experienced nothing wrong with my Moulin Rouge DVD.

12. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    The only problem I experienced with the Moulin Rouge DVD was the plot. YAWN!!!!

Otherwise, the disc played fine on my Toshiba 2109.