What's new

Motorola wants you to wear a 'digital tattoo' (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
An engineering demo hoping for improbable success. And since you have to replace weekly, hoping doubly improbable sell-the-razor blades success. Ignoring the usage (fingerprint scanner makes more sense) aa it's ugly. It looks like bandaid over diseased scar. Chicken pox gone horrible.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
DaveF said:
An engineering demo hoping for improbable success. And since you have to replace weekly, hoping doubly improbable sell-the-razor blades success.Ignoring the usage (fingerprint scanner makes more sense) aa it's ugly. It looks like bandaid over diseased scar. Chicken pox gone horrible.
Because it TAKES TOO LONG to log in! :eek:

Eh, they're just jealous of all those sci-fi movies where future-dystopia characters have barcodes on their arm...Instead of someone asking whether a penny got stuck to it.
(If they show us an ad where North American white people are genuinely concerned about all the "hassle" logging into their cellphones, I'll take it more seriously.)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Holy shit, this sounds like TOTAL ASS:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/28/5945049/motorola-vivalnk-nfc-tattoo-review

"For $9.99, you can get a pack of 10 Digital Tattoos, each expected to last about five days."
"It’s a good thing that 10 tattoos came in a pack; thanks to the humid July weather and the fact that I shower daily, I burned through three of them within a week."
"That’s not to mention that you need to set the whole thing up again every time you replace the tattoo on your body."

I cannot stress how stupid, wasteful, and STUPID this entire enterprise is. Just disgracefully stupid. You're better off spending your money helping a former Nigerian prince recover his fortune.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
"Because passcodes and fingerprints are too much trouble, we at Motorola recommend that users re-pair their device every three days to an external dingus, for the life of their phone.""Knowing the Android App Store is fueled by free apps, because customers dislike spending a $1 for a quality experience, we at Motorola recommend users spend $100 for a two-year supply of phone unlockers."It's this quality thinking that makes Motorola today's renowned consumer electronics company. No wonder Google bought them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks