Motorola Hdtv 5100 Problem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rich Milak, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Rich Milak

Rich Milak Agent

I had comcast out to install the 5100 and the 4 hdtv ch. looked great but when I looked at the analog ch they were all fuzzy. They could not figure it out so i have my dig box back. has anybody had this problem? It's a toshiba widescreen I told them I thought is was there box(They don't have a HDTV to test it on)Help![​IMG]

2. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

did u try using different types of cables? Like Svideo vs component.

One thing I have learned is that after watching programming in HDTV is that watching non-hdtv material looks like crap, even DVD's seem to have lost some of there sharpness.

3. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Expanding on Ken's suggestion, if you were viewing the Standard Def material with the same component cables as the Hi-Def material, the box may not have been providing the appropriate output signal, i.e., it may have been upconverting the material to the same resolution as the Hi-Def material (e.g., 1080i). If the box also outputs S-Video and composite simultaneously, these outputs could have been tested, as you can't get 1080i out of them.

Doug

4. Dominic Scolaro

I just got the 5100 and thought that I should set the 4:3 override to 480p so I did. Non-HD stations looked like crap. Then I set it to 480i and it's acceptable. It's at least as good as the old digital box was. Not sure why it has to be set to 480i though. Maybe a bug?