What's new

Motorola HDT-100 off air HDTV tuner, is it good...for $200? (1 Viewer)

Halen

Stunt Coordinator
The Motorola HDT-100 is going for about 200 bucks online. I was wondering if anyone has tried this tuner and if it is worth the 200 bucks? Thanks.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I have seen them on ebay sell for $100

personally I would buy the LG 4200A which does cable HDTV tuning also(unscrambled) for $100 more.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
There are still some unknowns, such as,

1. Poor sensitivity, if you are far from the broadcasting stations you might not receive anything,

2. Downrezzing of "the other" HDTV format (720p if you are outputting 1080i, etc.) to 540 lines of vertical resolution,

3. Overall lesser picture quality for example for such reasons as not using enough pixels horizontally to properly preserve the video signal.

4. Any of the deficiencies that Consumer Reports magazine discusses about TV sets' ability to receive stations.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/hdconv.htm

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
and this has to do with the thread how ?

lol

as for your website and that info. I let my eyes do the judging.

Dick Boneske

Stunt Coordinator
The Samsung 165 set-top box has gotten very good reviews and it has Firewire in case you want to record HD on a D-VHS deck. So far, that's the cheapest way to record true HD video and digital 5.1 audio. Does the Motorola have Firewire output?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks