Motorola Cable Box Password

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChristianT, Oct 1, 2001.

1. ChristianT

ChristianT Extra

I have a Motorola DCT2000 Digital Cable Set Top Box with the HDD200 high-def decoder. My wife was trying to enable the parental controls features (No "R" or Adult)and inadvertently locked every rating except "G", and then promptly forgot the code she entered. Simple, I thought I would start by trying common four digit codes that she might enter. After the third or fourth try, I got a message to contact my cable provider (Time Warner in case it makes a difference). After contacting them, I was informed that a technician would have to come out to reset the pw, and the call would be $125. Does anyone know the method to reset the pw on the receiver? I am hoping that someone knows a simple fix for this so that I don't have to dump $125 for my wife's mistake. Please help, I can't take much more Disney Channel and Nickelodeon.
    Thanks,
    Christian

2. John.W

John.W Agent

No Can DO. I work for a local Cable Co (AND ISP) and I checked into it for ya. Dispatch has to send a "Hit" to the box to reset it. Now why its $125 I dunno. You could always take the box to their office and swap it out.

3. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

And for goodness' sake, keep your wife away from the electronics in the future.
    [​IMG]

4. Rob Robinson

Rob Robinson Second Unit

i'd invoice the wife.