What's new

Motorized Window Shades (1 Viewer)

ToddR

Agent
Anyone have any suggestions on where to start? I am using my front projector in my living room, so I can't have permanant light blocking, and the windows are too high to have manual shades.

KevinYee

Stunt Coordinator
I've just started looking into this myself. The brand I'm considering is Vimco , which is now a subsidiary of Lutron.

Dan C

Agent
I am in the process of building my theater and it is taking forever. I am doing all the work my self except for the electric (neighbor). Anyways, I also went with Lutron products so that everything worked through my Graphik Eye. The only thing I don't like is that I have to run the electric, make the drapes and curtains, and buy the equipment and it still cost a fortune. I will have center drawn drapes in front covering the screen and two sets of roman shades covering the two windows. When I finish the romans I have to send them in and they put them together. I had a horrible time trying to get a Lutron rep to come out to measure, it took months. I suggest if you go with Lutron start early and have patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks