What's new

Motorcyclist clocked at 205 mph (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Damn hooligans with their hopped-up 250 rebels! :angry:

I personally have a 800 Vulcan that wouldn't break 90 without being thrown out of an airplane.:frowning:

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
The motorcycle in question is supposed to be a 2002 Honda RC-51. I don't know where that stands in the world of crotch rockets.

Anyway, some company is producing a motorcycle with a turbine engine (that's turbine, like in jet airplane - not turbo) that is supposed to have a top speed of 250 MPH or so and cost $180,000. Jay Leno has one. I saw a short video segment of him riding and discussing it, but I don't recall him saying how fast he's gone on it.

Chrysler has claimed that their showoff Tomahawk motorcycle could do over 400 MPH, but that seems to be very wishful thinking.

Anyone know anything about the Boss Hoss series of cycles? I saw one at a gas station once and couldn't believe how big it was. The Boss Hoss also uses an automotive engine (Chevrolet, I believe) set inline. The top model claims engine outputs in the 500+ HP range, but the cycle itself seems rather heavy and very un-aerodynamic and I very much doubt it could get anywhere near the 200 MPH mark.

Cameron Wright

Stunt Coordinator
The Tomahawk motorcycle is a viper V10 with wheels and a seat... and if you wanna go really far.. it has 4 wheels.. sut close togeather..

Like I said. a Suzuki Busa does 180-190 out of the box with the speed limiter Drop $6-8,000 on a SUperKaos Turbo system with 25-30lbs of boost you will get probably 400-625hp+ Demending on how fast you want to go through headgaskets.

I have a few videos of these bikes going from 0-330kmh in like 45 seconds. You can pull the front tire off the ground in 5th gear already going 150mph... Thats Insane...

Here is bike 209MPH... Its a Turbo busa.. But its not a crazy 35lbs of boost one.. But its funny :)

http://www.mjdjkj.com/videos/turbobusa.mpeg

World records. But who knows what people have done that jsut race on the street.. 250+mph for sure.http://www.ecta-lsr.com/events/2003/records1003.htm

Users who are viewing this thread