What's new

Motorcycle/Trike question.. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
While touring Lake Champlain, I noticed a whole bunch of motorcyclists, including alot of those guys on Trikes, the three wheeled motorcycles.. Are they converted/modified two wheelers or do people actually buy that from the manufacturer that way?

Jay

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
They are conversions. Take a look at "Rider" magazine for ads for many companies that do these conversion.

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
'Lehman' is one of the most prevalent sellers of conversions. They do HD, Honda, Yamaha, most any bike available. Prices are kinda high tho', I worked as a service manager for a local dealer for a while, and put several of these on.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
They are converted from two-wheeled bikes. Usually people buy them pre-converted from specialty shop's, but there are many that have been converted by the owner.

However, IMHO, unless you are physically handicapped and unable to ride a "regular" motorcycle, please do not buy these ugly things. They are top-heavy, noticably slower than their original vehicles, fail to use any of the natural lean ability of a motorcycle (You are forced to "steer" the things, going against the design of the front frame and forks).

Just buy a car.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have to agree with the folks here, but I thought it odd that almost every motorcycle group I saw go by had at least 1 guy with a trike thing. I saw one guy with two little kids in the back.. Even some bikers would actually wave at us which we waved back. :)
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks