motorcycle rental help

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by JoanPablo_T, May 7, 2004.

1. JoanPablo_T

JoanPablo_T Stunt Coordinator

So I am currently in San Diego, and I am going back to Boston to visit family and would like to rent a motorcycle in order to go riding with friends. I have only been able to find one location that rents Harleys (and they aren't cheap) I would prefer to rent a sport bike. Anyone in New England or right in Mass know of a local rental company?

Thanks!

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I think for insurance reasons it's going to be difficult for you, and if you do find one, extremely expensive.
    There used to be a place in Oregon that rented a couple sportbikes, a few years ago it was over 100 bucks a day if I remember right.
    If you're driving back it might be cheaper to borrow/rent a trailer and haul your bike there.

3. JoanPablo_T

JoanPablo_T Stunt Coordinator

thanks Philip, I am actually only going to be back in town for a few weeks, and am flying both ways. So bringing my own bike back is out of the question. But I appreciate the help. I will have to see how 'good' my friends really are [​IMG] maybe I can borrow theirs. [​IMG]

4. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

ouch, I hope they're really good friends if you ask them that. I never had a single friend I'd trust with my bike

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

The only rentals I've seen in the L.A. area are for H-D, instead of bikes one can actually ride aggressively. So, nobody around here is renting anything that goes by such model-designation prefixes as "CBR,' "YZF," "GSX-R," or "ZXR." And no Ducatis, Aprillias, Moto-Guzzis, Triumphs, or BMWs.