MotoGP Live Deserves More Press

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay Mitchosky, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

With all the talk of MechAssault, Unreal, and Ghost Recon on Xbox Live it's too bad MotoGP is getting lost in the shuffle. Played it online this morning and had an absolute blast. Never tried it before and took a little while to get the hang of things, but I didn't realize how fun it would be playing against other real people. So, so cool. Now if I could just figure out how to cleanly execute a hairpin. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I hear it's very cool. My friend said he signed on and had a great time with it!

3. hwshi

hwshi Stunt Coordinator

welcome to the wonderfull world of motogp crack.

4. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

MotoGP owned me for the time I was on the Xbox Live beta. I was never very good at it, but it was about one of the most enjoayable experiences I've had with an online game.

I still have to go out and purchase the full version, just so I can get a nice bike and race with the pros. Not to mention get the unlocked tracks and such.

5. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

I'm starting to just get frustrated with it. The game is great, but I can't find the retail version of it so my bike pretty much always limits me while the no talent punk with a custom bike takes the race. It’s like racing with a k-car when everyone else has got the Camaro.

Dean

6. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

Dean,

I thought the game was hard to find down here in my area as well, but stores like Circuit City and Best Buy all had lots of copies on the shelves for it. As opposed to places like EB and Babbages which had no copies of it though.

7. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

Jay if I ever see you on I'll give you some tips. I have my overall ranking down to 59 and should be able to get it lower later on. Look for ShadowMan.

8. DwightK

DwightK Second Unit

I just discovered this form of crack this morning[​IMG]
    Wasn't in the mood to get creamed in Mechassault so decided to see what motogp demo was about. What a blast. virtually no lag bombs with 16 player races, mature chatting, I could finish in the middle of the pack with the demo FRA 19 Yamaha bike.
    If the Steelers weren't about to start I'd be back playing.
    Have any of you tried the first-person behind the windscreen view while racing yet? It is SOOO hard compared to the behind the bike view. No turn approaching markers like in other racing games makes the driver position almost impossible.
    I wish even more for a FF wheel for the xbox. And more Live racing games!
    With a Counterstrike type, RPGish, fighter, flight/space sim, and auto racing XB Live game I could do the Feiss switch and drop PC gaming forever.
    I still want server hosted games like HomeLan with massive bandwidth.
    gamertag: Bappo

9. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

So if I rent the game, do I have to beat it or something to get all the levels unlocked? Or is there a special code?

10. Travis Kolesar

Travis Kolesar Second Unit

Just play through the training modes and a season on rookie. This will allow you to make a custom bike and unlock the tracks. There are more unlockables if you beat the race seasons on higher modes but I believe these are more of the visual mods.

11. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Thanks Travis, I'll add you to my buddies list soon.

12. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

13. DwightK

DwightK Second Unit

metro/jay, that was cool. I thought your tag looked familiar.

I have to get the full game to get those fast bikes and other tracks. I only get 3 tracks with the demo.

Wish I could use manual shifting but I can only do that successfully with a wheel. Not a gamepad. The manual shifting bikes are definately faster over all just like in every other racing game.