Moto GP ... stupid question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daren Welsh, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

Okay, so I've been playing the Moto GP demo non-stop since I got the beta pack two weeks before launch. I finally found a used retail copy in GameStop. So now I can build my custom bike and stuff ... but I noticed that the retail version of the game only has splitscreen and system link support. So do I just build my custom bike in the retail game and then swap discs for the online demo to use my custom bike online? I'm kinda in a hurry to figure this out since GS has a 3-day return (for cash) policy.

2. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Yep. Unlock tracks, riders, cheats, and build your own bike in the retail version, then pop in the live version to use all those goodies on Xbox Live. Sweet. [​IMG]

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

4. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

Yeah I have a stupid question, why is this game so fucking hard to find!

Dean

5. Romier S

Romier S Producer

6. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

It was released in May!!
    I'm so mad at myself for not picking up the used copy at the game shop I go to. When I went they were all out of moto GP. Went to another place and the same. I finally went to EB and luckily they had 1 copy left which I gracefully snatched. [​IMG]

7. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

Romier, I wasn't planning on returning the game (although the thought _did_ cross my mind). After playing just one GP through all the tracks last night, I can see how the retail version has some worthwhile stuff. Besides ... for a game that is this kickass, I'll spend the $ and support the developers. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting the wrong game to get custom bikes for online play.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring ding ding ding ding ding ding! (my favorite unlockable so far)

8. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Gotcha Daren. Just making sure[​IMG]. Cant wait for MotoGP 2!

9. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Yep - not an easy game to find. No luck at the EB near my work. Will try the one by my home and see if I can do any better.

10. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

I searched the whole damn mall near my work for a new copy of MotoGP. EB, EBX, KB Toys, Sears, Sam Goody, FRIES (sp?), etc... Finally settled for the MARKED UP used copy from EB for $45!! I was pissed, but I could no longer hold off. MY buddies have unlocked tracks and bikes... need to be competitive!!

Mike D.

11. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    This is pretty strange. My local K-Mart, the only place in town that sells Xbox games, had like 10 copies.

12. millercv

millercv Second Unit

I checked a number of places and finally found a copy at one of our many Walmarts. It was in a stack of xbox games they didn't have space for so were just stacked up behind - so you may have to dig for it [​IMG]

13. millercv

millercv Second Unit

Oh and I love the reverseable cover - Will have to check other games to see if any others have it.