Motley Crue on Tonight Show & VH-1

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Keith I, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    Usually, in Hawai'i, we get the censored versions of everything (along with the West Coast), but my wife and I thought we heard Vince Neil say, "Happy F---ing New Year, Tommy!" during a Motley Crue song on The Tonight Show's New Year's Eve show.

According to the Associated Press, we weren't wrong. East Coast viewers heard it, it was censored for the West Coast, but somehow got through to us in Hawai'i. Surpringly, there were no complaints to the FCC. But according to Variety.com, NBC might still get fined.

Also, I know Mick Mars had hip replacement surgery a few months ago, but he isn't looking so good. I even saw Motley Crue on VH-1's Metal Mania yesterday and he hardly said anything (unlike his overly-animated bandmates) and when he was asked a question, his answers were almost unintelligble. He was never outspoken or was the focus of all the problems in the band (but his guitar work "makes" Motley Crue, IMO), so that was the first time I've ever heard him talk. Anyway, here's hoping him and everyone else in the band renewed success without notoriety (oops, already happened!).

2. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

3. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

imdb.com lists Mick as being 48 years old, but I thought there were a lot of rumors of him being closer to 60.

4. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Hi ya

Motley Crue are coming to Glasgow in June and will be awesome to see

[​IMG]

5. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

Dr. Feelgood!

6. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I doubt they would get fined, as the broadcast would have been after 10, which is when profanity is allowed.

7. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

"imdb.com lists Mick as being 48 years old, but I thought there were a lot of rumors of him being closer to 60."

The other guys are mid 40s but I thought Mick was older than rest of them - by more than 2 years.He had been playing in bands since the mid70s.

I remember when these guys were in their early 20s - my older step-brother got me Too Fast... for my 12th Bday in 82. Man, Im getting old [​IMG]

8. Shane D

Shane D Supporting Actor

i like how cnn reported about this and said, there will be no investigation. we've had no complaints. but now since the article has been out, there HAS been complaints, and now its being investigated. does it seem to anyone else that just seems wrong? that to point out something bad happened and no one cared, but now people all of a sudden care? and it was 5 days ago?

9. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

You're almost the same age as me. I remember hearing even back in the mid 80's that Mick was in his late 30's.