What's new

Motley Crue Boxset (1 Viewer)

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody have a listing as to what the 'unreleased' promo videos are that will be on the DVD which comes with this boxset? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Found out a little more information in looking at the Motley Crue website last night. Seems the ten promo videos are simply 'never before available on DVD' rather than 'unreleased.' Still interested in finding out what the ten videos are, though, as it didn't have a listing on the site. If anyone comes across this info, or additional details about this boxset, can you please post it here.

Thanks,

Dan

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd love to get my hands on the old Motley Crue Uncensored home video on DVD myself. It's an interesting behind the scenes look at the band back in the day.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
MÖTLEY CRÜE: 'Loud As F@*k' Track Listing Revealed - Sep. 15, 2003

The complete track listing has surfaced for "Loud As F@*k", a two-disc anthology of MÖTLEY CRÜE's greatest tracks plus 10 of their finest promo videos on DVD. The package, which has been has been developed by UMI with the help of former Kerrang! editor Dante Bonutto and MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx, is due on October 13 through Universal Music/Mötley Records.

The set comprises of:

* 2CD + 1DVD
* nearly 40 classic MÖTLEY tracks — the definitive CRÜE collection!
* 10 promo videos available for the first time on DVD!
* 12 page full-color booklet featuring exclusive liner notes by Dante Bonutto, rare photos and imagery
* Luxury 8 panel DVD-sized digipak in a slipcase

The complete track listing for "Loud As F@*k" is as follows:

CD1:

01. Wild Side
02. Too Fast For Love
03. Shout At The Devil
04. A Rat Like Me
05. Primal Scream
06. Save Our Souls
07. Dancing on Glass
08. Bitter Pill
09. Dr. Feelgood
10. You're All I Need
11. Piece Of Your Action
12. Red Hot
13. Find Myself
14. Punched in The Teeth
15. Smokin' In The Boys Room
16. Poison Apples
17. Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
18. Starry Eyes
19. Danger

CD2:

01. Kickstart My Heart
02. Looks That Kill
03. Louder Than Hell
04. Take Me To The Top
05. Girls, Girls, Girls
06. Afraid
07. Hooligan's Holiday
08. Keep Your Eye On The Money
09. Glitter
10. Too Young To Fall In Love
11. Merry-Go-Round
12. All In The Name of...
13. Hell On High Heels
14. Live Wire
15. Tonight (We Need A Lover)
16. Knock 'Em Dead Kid
17. Beauty
18. Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S)
19. Home Sweet Home

DVD:

01. Live Wire
02. Looks That Kill
03. Home Sweet Home
04. Wild Side
05. Girls, Girls, Girls
06. Dr. Feelgood
07. Same Ol' Situation
08. Hooligan's Holiday
09. Primal Scream
10. Hell On High Heels

In other news, October 7 will see the U.S. release of the MÖTLEY CRÜE edition of the 20th Century Masters/The Millennium Collection. The set, which spans the years 1982 to 2000, from the group's first album to their most recent original release, gathers for the first time 12 of the CRÜE's signature moments.

The track listing for MÖTLEY CRÜE's edition of the 20th Century Masters/The Millennium Collection is as follows:

01. Piece Of Your Action
02. Shout At The Devil
03. Too Young To Fall In Love
04. Home Sweet Home
05. Girls, Girls, Girls
06. All In The Name Of...
07. Kickstart My Heart
08. Rock 'N' Roll Junkie
09. Anarchy In The USA
10. Hooligan's Holiday
11. Generation Swine
12. Hell On High Heels

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a 4 disc set coming out as well with rarities?
I do recall reading somewhere that Nikki is continuing to work on another set with rarities, like you describe, but I have no more details at this point. If anyone else has further info, please post it here.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to get my hands on the old Motley Crue Uncensored home video on DVD myself. It's an interesting behind the scenes look at the band back in the day.
I was hoping this new boxset would have the Uncensored material as the DVD, or that we'd get all the videos that were on the Decade Of Decadence video release, but at least this boxset is a nice start and maybe they'll continue to release the rest of the videos like what Queensryche, Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC and others are beginning to do.

I'm hoping someday to be able to get all my favorite old heavy metal VHS releases on DVD. *crossing fingers*

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I love Motley Crue, but I'm getting tired of them selling us the same songs over and over... I LOVED "New Tattoo" and I wish they'd do more new material instead. Anyone know if there's anything new on the horizon?

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Now I'm confused about these Motley Crue boxsets.

I have still not found the 'Loud As F@*k' boxset available anywhere despite it supposedly being released on October 13th. Meanwhile, I've noticed another Motley Crue boxset that is available for preorder titled 'Music To Crash Your Car To Vol. 1' and which will be released on November 11th. It has the original Luther mixes of all the songs from Too Fast For Love (including Stick To Your Guns) but it does not have a DVD and does not seem to have much else that is unavailable on the regular releases. Perhaps this is the set Nikki Sixx was continuing to work on, but it doesn't seem like it from the description that I recall reading awhile back (not too many 'rarities' here).

Can anyone shed further light on all these Crue boxsets and whether or not 'Loud As F@*k' has indeed been released yet.

Thanks,

Dan

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
This week I picked up both the Music To Crash Your Car To Vol. 1 box set and the Greatest Video Hits DVD. The box set has all of the songs from the first four albums plus a bunch of extra songs (including the Leathur Records mixes of Too Fast For Love). The DVD has all of their music videos including alternate and uncensored versions. I wonder if these two releases (along with maybe a Music To Crash Your Car To Vol. 2?) are being released in place of Loud As F@*k?

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I haven't listened to them all yet but there are certain differences that are glaringly apparent. For instance, towards the end of Live Wire on the Elektra version there is silence during the pauses in the song while on Leathur version you hear applause in those pauses. I'll have to listen to them all and see just what the other differences are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks