What's new

"Mothman Chronicles" T.V. ad is the funniest commercial on the air! (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I can't stop laughing every time I see the ad for this film. They recently changed the ad, I guess to cut down on the laughs, but it's still pretty damn funny. I never thought Chapstick would make me laugh so hard.

RicP

Screenwriter
I assume you mean "The Mothman Prophecies"?
I actually think the trailer looks pretty good. I'm hedging on whether Richard Gere can pull suspense off like this film needs, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I completely forgot that it was Prophecies. And, I'm sorry but this looks like it's going to be really bad. Someone guessing that Richard Gere has Chapstick in his hand is not very scary & it's pretty lame (but very, very funny).

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I would agree that the TV commercial for "Mothman" isn't nearly as creepy and cool as the theatrical trailer.

I'm looking forward to it.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading the book back in high school for some sort of report and thinking it was actually creepy, and the movie ads look NOTHING like what was in the book. But there has been some positive buzz around it, or can you say "plant?" Ah, the age we live in!

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Someone guessing that Richard Gere has Chapstick in his hand is not very scary & it's pretty lame
Seeing any type of scene out of context is not going to make sense. As mentioned earlier, the theatrical trailer was very good.

I am looking forward to this one as well.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
You know, I'm kind of looking forward to this one. The theatrical trailer was pretty good. Plus, it opens on my birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks