What's new

Mother's Day !! (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
JUST A REMINDER! Don't forget about mother's day! (I almost did)

It's tomorrow! Sunday May 12th!!

What are you guys getting for your mom?

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I got my mom some sleepware pants that feel really comfy. They're some sort of microfiber stuff.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I sent her a nice card and the latest Enya CD, which she has wanted since the day it came out! Damn I'm a good son! :D

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Gave mom a nice plant in a hand-painted pot on Saturday. THEN, I'm not gonna call her Sunday so we DON'T get in an arguement -- that's the better present, huh?
It's a mother/daughter thing, guys. Consider yourselves lucky. ;)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Nothing. When she was alive, I would have gone for some FTD flowers and a phone call.

- Steve

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I'm not getting my mother anything. First, because Mothering Sunday is rather earlier in the year in the UK, and second, because for various reasons my mum loathes Mothering Sunday. I must be the only person with living parents who'd feel guilt pangs at *giving* their mum a present.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I'm also not giving anything to my mother this year. But in this case, there's a very valid reason. She's moving to the Gulf Islands in B.C. in a month and a half! At this time, her current home is almost completely empty and it wouldn't be appropriate to give her a gift that'll start filling up the place again.
In a way, I am offering her a gift. On top of storing some of her belongings for a couple of years, she'll be staying with me for a few weeks between the day she must leave her current place to the day she heads West. Normally it's the children that sometimes need to move back in with their parents. In this case, it's the other way around.
And yes, there will be plenty of home cooking for those few weeks!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
2 CD's, 2 pounds of Amaretto-flavored coffee and a potted rose bush.

Then, a home cooked meal of lasagna, tossed salad, garlic bread, and strawberry shortcake.

Two movies of her choice viewed on my HT system ("Blood Simple" and "The Fast and the Furious").

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks