1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Motherboard Recommendations...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Harnish, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I am going to be intensively upgrading my current PC pretty soon. Gonna upgrade to a Dual 1GHz Athlon and a Geforce 3 64MB video card. May also get a DVD-RAM drive as well. I will be getting into some 3D graphics pretty soon, and my current PIII 550 just won't cut it as far as rendering time goes.
    So, I need some motherboard recommendations. I'm not sure what to look for as far as dual CPU MBs go. Which motherboard should I get for a dual 1GHz Athlon setup?
    ------------------
    - Brian
    My DVD Collection
    Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!
    [Edited last by Brian Harnish on August 25, 2001 at 05:12 PM]

2. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Right now, there is only one manufacturer making the Dual Athlon boards.. that's Tyan. I have the Tyan UNG, which has the onboard Lan + Video (which can be disabled)
    It's a nice board; but requires a special power supply.. I've had no troubles. They have a new board that takes a standard PS, it's the Tiger MB:
    http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tigermp.html