What's new

Motherboard Help (1 Viewer)

Chris Svencer

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking to replace the little fan (which amazingly makes the most noise) on the motherboard I have, Aopen ak77-8xn. What can I do to replace it and keep the noise down? Will a heatsink due? Also anyone tried a replacement fan for the Geforce4 ti4200's, thermaltake makes one that is 39db (that means nothing to me, how quiet is that really?). Sorry for all the questions. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
-Svence

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
let's see the little fan on the motherboard cools the northbridge chipset and you can pick up a completly new chipset cooler from an online store or I've been seeing compusa carrying them. you can also just look into buying a new 40mm fan from radio shack and just flat out replacing the fan and then a little re-wireing for the power.

A lot of people replace the stock coolers on video cards, if your willing to foot out a little bit of money and want dead quiet then look into getting the Zalman hp80a video cooler, it has no fan but instead works by providing a massive surfice area for heat to dissipate off of. It works very well to as I use it on my AIW9700 which is one HOT card.

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Have a look here...

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufactor...log=129&DEPA=1

I replaced the chipset cooler once on my old motherboard witha Vantec fan. Was nice and quiet...but burned out after a few months. If you are not doing any heavy overclocking...a heat sink will be more than suffice on the chipset.

As for the VCard cooling...same link as above.

Chris Svencer

Stunt Coordinator
I looked at the TT one for the Intel Chipset. Looks nice, but will that work on my VIA Apollo KT400+VT8235 chipset also? Does anyone have experience with these? Thanks.
-Svence

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks