What's new

Most Wanted Telefilms (1 Viewer)

DouglasBr

Stunt Coordinator
Most of my faves have been mentioned (esp. ABC Movie of the Week titles). Just a few not yet mentioned:

Crowhaven Farm (Hope Lange, Paul Burke)
Dr. Cook's Garden (Bing Crosby)
Tribes (Darren McGavin, Jan Michael Vincent)
Run a Crooked Mile (Louis Jourdan, Mary Tyler Moore)
Alias Smith and Jones pilot (Pete Duel, Ben Murphy

Also a vote for the BBC Count Dracula with Louis Jourdan.

This discussion is long overdue, imho. I've never understood why these movies aren't available.

LCD22

Screenwriter
The one made-for-TV movie I would like to see is "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" with Jeff Goldblum. Does anyone know who has the DVD rights to this? I'm still amazed this not yet on DVD (though hasn't been aired in years).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079453/

For those interested, The Girl Most Likely To has recently been released.

My wish list includes

Cold Turkey (1971)
The Birdmen (1971)
Once You Kiss a Stranger (1969)

obscurelabel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry

Also forgot Trilogy of Terror unless someone's already posted it. I missed it when it came on orinally (1975); everyone in school was buzzing about it the next day, more than I remember for any other TV show.

Damn! Now I need to start researching TV movies to look out for! :)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Add Time Travelers to my list. No one particularly famous in it, and it was sclocky, but I like the idea of a couple of scientists going back to 1871 Chicago trying to find a cure for a present day influenza virus, with the backdrop of the Great Chicago Fire.

Kate*H

Agent
My vote is for the two part "Alice In Wonderland" that aired in 1985, with Sammy Davis Jr., John Stamos, Carol Channing, and many more. You can't beat it.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I would like to see:

ADAM (1983, NBC, Daniel J. Travanti, JoBeth Williams)
ADAM: HIS SONG CONTINUES (1986, NBC, Daniel J. Travanti, JoBeth Williams)
ALEX, THE LIFE OF A CHILD (1986, ABC, Craig T. Nelson)
BABE (1975, CBS, Susan Clark, Alex Karras)
CENTENNIAL (1978, NBC miniseries, everyone who was anyone at the time)
CHILD OF GLASS (1978, NBC/Wonderful World of Disney)
THE DREAMER OF OZ (1990, NBC, John Ritter, Rue McClanahan)
FAMILY REUNION (1981, NBC miniseries, Bette Davis)
GEORGE WASHINGTON (1984, CBS, Barry Bostwick)
SOMETHING ABOUT AMELIA (1984, ABC, Ted Danson, Glenn Close)

I wasn't around to see the 1970s stuff and was born around the time the disease-and-wife-beater-of-the-week stuff started to dominate. Thus, this is unfamiliar territory for me.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I doubt this would get released: Bejewelled, a 1991 Disney Channel original movie that starred Emma Samms, Aeryk Egan, Dirk Benedict... I think this was based on a British novel?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
would love to see Centenial released.
i had heard it was in the works a couple years back but nothing seems to have happened.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I would love to own a copy of World War III. It was a 2-part mini-series that aired back in 1982 and starred Rock Hudson, David Soul, Brian Keith & Cathy Lee Crosby.

Here's a description of the film:

"Soviet paratroopers drop into Alaska to sabotage the oil pipeline in retaliation against a United States grain embargo. A skirmish occurs at a pumping station, lightly defended by Col. Jake Caffey (David Soul) and a National Guard recon unit. A stalemate ensues while the possibilty of World War III hangs in the balance. The danger escalates as the Russian leaders (Brian Keith and Roert Prosky) and the American President (Rock Hudson) play a cat-and-mouse game."

:)

FrancisP

Screenwriter
On some of these, restoration is no excuse. Some of them were shot in videotape so there's not much you can do with it. I think you could release them as a budget line ala MGM's old Midnight Movie line. There is a strong market out there for budget line videos like Walmart. Some of these were released on videocassette but apparently dvd needs to catch up with
videocassette.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
If we are including miniseries I would like to throw in the 1983 3-part Chiefs with Keith Carradine, Paul Sorvino, Charlton Heston, Brad Davis, Tess Harper, Wayne Rogers, Stephen Collins, Victoria Tennent, Billy Dee Williams, Danny Glover and John Goodman.

It was the story of three sherrifs (spread ofer a 50 year period) trying to stop a serial killer.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald

Though I don't think a street date or specs are available yet, Dark Sky Films is apparently prepping TRILOGY OF TERROR for R1 release (tentatively) sometime later this year (probably Summer/Fall '06).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks