What's new

Most wanted Music Videos & Concerts on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I'm curious as to what catalog releases other forum members are waiting for in the department of music videos and concerts. Items that haven't been released previously may be included also, but I would prefer to keep this as a catalog wish-list so hopefully any studio monitoring will see the desire for some of these titles.

Here's mine!

Videos
  • Faith No More - Who Cares Alot?
  • Tori Amos Video Collection (Updated)
  • Nirvana Video Collection
  • Peter Gabriel Video Collection
  • Radiohead - 7 Television Commercials (Updated)

Concerts
  • Pink Floyd - Pulse
  • Iron Maiden - Live After Death
  • The Cure - In Orange
  • Nirvana - Unplugged
  • Nirvana - Live Tonight- Sold Out
  • Faith No More - You Fat Bastards!

chris_clem

Second Unit
I would like any DVD featuring:

Aimee Mann
Counting Crows
Fiona Apple
Natalie Merchant
Sarah Mclachlan
Duncan Sheik

From the above, as far as I know only Sarah Mclachlan has something released on DVD (storytellers). If anyone has info that says otherwise, please let me know!

I would also like music video (hopefully with 5.1 remixes and original stereo) compilations of:

R.E.M.
Aerosmith
Metallica
Incubus
Lenny Kravitz
Jewel

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Why is there no WEEN DVD yet?

Also I'd love to see Peter Gabriel's SLEDGEHAMMER and BIG TIME on DVD. Are they available anywhere? Didn't Nick Park (of Wallace & Gromitt fame) work on those?

WillardK

Second Unit
Metal Box era Public Image Limited

Kraftwerk (I'd bet this will surface eventually)

Broadcast

Stereolab

plus...
imagined videos which I've never seen and doubt even exist:
DJ Me DJ You
Tipsy
Pram

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator
Some of these are guilty pleasures, admittedly...

Queensryche: Live in Tokyo
Dokken: Unchain the Night
The rest of the Prince videos not on The Hits Collection

I'll edit in more as I think of 'em... ;)

Nick

StacyV

Second Unit
I could probably name a few I'd be interested in, but above anyone else, I'd love to see a comprehensive video compilation from Prince. One that includes awards shows and talk show performances. Still waiting for the dvd debuts of Prince & The Revolution Live in Syracuse 1985 and the Sign 'o' The Times concert film.
Terence Trent D'arby's Introducing The Hardline Live would also be nice to have.

Sean_avnut

Grip
Nick -

When is the Queensryche dvd released? I've only heard about the one coming in april called the 'art of live'

CraigL

Screenwriter

Sarah has several. Storytellers, Mirrorball, video collection and Lilith Fair. Amongst the many others I have made for my own personal collection. ;) Fumbling Towards Ecstacy: Live is her only other release that hasn't been put onto DVD.

I second the Tori Amos Video Collection as well as the RAINN concert and Little Earthquakes.

I'd definitely say that Madonna's Blonde Ambition tour should be released as well as the Virgin Tour show (complete, as opposed to what's been released already).

Oh yeah...and the Matchbox Twenty DVD would be sweet too. The Australia concert from 1998.

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

Actually, all my posts were on the "wish-list" aspect of Eric's original post rather than stuff that actually is coming out... :frowning:

There is one song from that Tokyo concert footage on this DVD, though. I hope to see that disc one day, but I'm not holding my breath. Even the videotape is loooooooooong out-of-print.

Nick

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim

I'll second that!

Speaking of music videos, I've noticed that the sound on most music video DVDs that I have is not that great, especially compared to CDs of the same music.

I would like to see more attention paid to the quality of sound on these DVDs. After all, they are MUSIC video DVDs!

JimmyK

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd like the following:
Weezer video compilation

Johnny Cash complete concerts of the Folsom Prison and San quenton shows (I've read that both were filmed, I've never seen them released ever.) also the Storytellers with Willie Nelson.

Elvis In concert (from 1977, only available on botleg, to the AFAIK.

Nine Inch Nails video compilation.

More director series compilations featuring the rest of Spike Jonez, Michel Gondry and new people like David Fincher.

And more than I can think of.
:D

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
David Bowie - Serious Moonlight live DVD, reissued with better sound plus extras, for instance the Ricochet documentary released in 1983.
The Cure - Staring At The Sea video compilation with all that great footage in-between the videos-- not that lame hits collection, which omits some great obscure tracks and videos.
Peter Gabriel - CV CV as in Collected Videos-- and this time don't forget "Modern Love" and "Games Without Frontiers" plus any other obscure music videos I may not know about.
Joy Division - Here Are The Young Men A compilation of videos and TV performances with some interviews that never was officially released, but should be now-- on DVD!
URGH! A Music War great compilation of 1980 live performances by the likes of Wall of Voodoo, Police, Echo and the Bunnymen, Gary Numan, Devo and many others that deserve mention.
New Order live - there's this early concert from like 1981 that got released on video a long time ago. Forgot the title, though...
Stereolab videos some great ones do exist, as well as some of their early televised live performances. I think I heard them talking about doing this way back in the day...

That's all for now... but more to be added, I am sure. Anyone who also wants to see any of this released, echo it in a post, please, should studios indeed observe this post!

John Watson

Screenwriter
DIRE STRAITS concerts

Decent compilations of music videos I used to like, most of the Compilations I see have lots of songs I've never heard of. Clear case for "customized" DVDs, and I'd pay a decent price for well done, well sequenced DVDs

keith*m

Agent
Prince-Sign o' the Times

Tears for Fears- Going to California

Faith No More-Video Crossaint (sp?)

Van Halen- Live w/o a Net (I can't belive no one has mentioned this yet!)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
The Who Performs Tommy (with Elton John, Billy Idol, Patti Labelle and others).

This is a great laserdisc that I would love to see on DVD in DTS.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i cant think of anything i want more than the who live at leeds. i'm not sure if a video was shot, but if it is anything like the audio performance, the video would certainly be sweet.

CJ

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll add my votes to any new WHO product:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Also, a NEIL YOUNG video compilation would be great! I know it was talked about that this (and entire concerts never releaseed before) would be part of the mythic "ARCHIVES" box set, but who knows?

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Billy Joel: Live from Long Island, probably the greatest concert video the piano man has ever produced, although the concert in Russia is a pretty close second.

SteveW

Agent
The OP gave two of the three on my concert wish list.

Pink Floyd - Pulse
Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Also want Pink Floyd: Delicate Sound of Thunder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks