What's new

Most sought after OOP Title (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Is the region 2 edition of the theatrical cut of DANCES WITH WOLVES identical to the region 1 Image edition?

Here's a link: DANCES WITH WOLVES region 2

It's available cheaper than that in many highstreet stores in Britain too.

Sorry for going off topic, guys.

Gordy

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
There are a fair number of CC films I skipped for lack of Anamorphic support. Sure, I could have made a profit, but then I've never sold a DVD in my life. Not even during the Willy Wonka craziness a few years ago (went from kicking myself to thanking myself to kicking myself).

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Texas Chainsaw Massacre SE.
Since when did this go OOP? I don't recall such an announcement, and it's in stock at various online retailers (Amazon, DVD Planet, Digital Eyes, Overstock, etc.).

BTW, I was pleased to have my DVD signed on Friday by Gunnar Hansen (Leatherface) and Paul Partain (Franklin)...

DJ

Scott W.

Second Unit
Damin. I went to all the major dvd web sites and each of them had Texas Chainsaw 1 for sale on their site, but actually they were sold out. There were a few that didn't have it in stock, but after much surfing the web, I found one at a smaller web site. Iv'e also read many places that it was OOP. :)

Scott

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Damin. I went to all the major dvd web sites and each of them had Texas Chainsaw 1 for sale on their site, but actually they were sold out. There were a few that didn't have it in stock, but after much surfing the web, I found one at a smaller web site. Iv'e also read many places that it was OOP.
When I made my post yesterday morning, Amazon, DVD Planet, Digital Eyes, and Overstock all showed the disc as being in stock. It's still in stock at each of those sites as of this posting, as well. I'm not sure if you consider those to be smaller sites, but...

DJ

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
There have always been copies of TCM in stock at my local Best Buy.

Damin,
You lucky bastard! Where were they that you were able to get their sigs?

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Larry, when did Image intend to release ”Golden Age Of Rock & Roll”?
I think it was late '98 or early '99. If you can get ahold of back issues of Widescreen Review, it was heavily advertised there in 2-page ads, & then never came out & has never been mentioned since.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Larry. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

I find it hard to understand why the respective parties involved in such TV shows, movies etc, allow such material to be shown on TV but not released DVD. If the pulling of GOLDEN AGE OF R&R was due to Led Zep clips not being allowed, then why did Page, Plant and whoever allow the footage to be shown on TV? Surely they would have got royalties!

It's a shame that we will probably never see this one. Image themselves must be disappointed.

Who knows, maybe someday...

Thanks again, Larry. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Gordy

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I thought it was shipped to retailers but pulled before street date. Thats why there are some out there.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
It was, but as far as I know, nobody actually put them out for sale. I got mine from a distributor thru a friend who owns a record store.
If the pulling of GOLDEN AGE OF R&R was due to Led Zep clips not being allowed, then why did Page, Plant and whoever allow the footage to be shown on TV?
It's even worse than that. There are no Zep clips in the set, just a short clip of Page playing guitar in the show openings. Zep may not have been the only rights problem with the set, it's just the rumor that I heard from the distributor when it was recalled.

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
Matt Pelham,

why the bold on Little Mermaid? I have it as a free gift from disney for buying Snow White. It's stil unopened. How much it worth?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I remember seeing Little Shop Of Horrors going for $300 years ago on ebay.

Also the recalled Devils Advocate for around $150

A friend of mine found 2 copies of Criterions The Killer at Tower Records for $30 when it was going for about $80 on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks