What's new

Most requested "stalled" show? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

When you say "getting cleaned up" do you mean taken to the bank by all the releases? That there will be so many unstalled releases that they will be as bountiful as the rain.

James

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Gary "others might not care about it, but in all seriousness it really is at the top of my stalled list" O.

P.S. My crystal ball is reminding me to keep my fingers crossed because this one might be moved off the "stalled" list by this summer.

I sure hope your crystal ball's working ;). A summer roundup sounds great.

If I had to choose only one stalled series, it would be either this one or Big Valley.

If I didn't have The Big Valley via Encore Westerns from a few years ago the choice would definitely be tougher for me as well, Jeff. But since I do Rawhide tops the list for me. Having said that, there are some other mentioned here that I'd like to see get started up again. Barnaby Jones and one more season of Chips would merit my attention. Having said that, I'd add Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Quincy, Mr. Peepers, The Untouchables, etc. to the very, very, very long list of stalled series.

Gary "if things are OK we should get an announcement for Perry Mason pretty soon - surely that one hasn't fallen off the annual schedule for CBS...?" O.

As most mentioned, it does appear like Hill Street Blue's is close to the top and one I would like to see finished as well. One can only hope that with all these inexpensive two season packages they've been pushing for a while to move stock, that it might actual prompt later releases. While it may have taken a few years to do it, that's potentially a lot of season 1 and 2's that finally made it out there to people that might just be willing to purchase more if available. One can at least hope.

Like you Gary, I'm comfortable with what I have with Big Valley, and I can't see Rawhide staying away forever (although it is hard to say how many season we will get, but then there is Encore again). I'd like to see Untouchables get finished and I would think with only one season to go it will eventually. Now Petticoat Junction is another story, I can see it possibly never coming back. But you would think they would want to get to the color episodes that most are familiar with. Maybe that will be enough incentive for someone else to give it a try.

One that I doubt is highly requested that I would really like to see get another chance is Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp. It was completely new to me when I picked up season 1 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Season 2 has been an "almost" release a few times but just hasn't gotten out the door. And while there are a few "best of" sets, it is not the same when he is only in a town for a few episodes before moving on.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I can't speak for "most-requested", but I know I'm still bummed that Dream On and Whose Line Is It Anyway (UK) never got past their initial Seasons 1-2 releases. Oh, and for a UK-only show, thought it totally sucked that Universal only released Season Four of Armstrong and Miller. Yes, you heard right: they started with the final (and many fans feel, the weakest) of the four seasons of that show. Add to that their initial really high price for the set, and that has so far made sure that no others have come out.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I think it's more a hint as to what show he means-think show about a maid

[/quote]

When you say "getting cleaned up" do you mean taken to the bank by all the releases? That there will be so many unstalled releases that they will be as bountiful as the rain.

James

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Fantasy Island

Love Boat

One Day At A Time

Maude

I can't say WKRP because of the butcher job on the first season.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If it's Hazel, I'd note that Sony has not dragged its feet on licensing titles in the past, which is the implication of the other part of the hidden announcement. CBS/Paramount and Warner are the two who fall into that category.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
A while back on the Shout! forums, I pointed out many similarities between "Dennis the Menace" and "Hazel" -- both based on single-panel comic strips, both owned now by Sony, both the top-rated new sitcoms of their seasons, etc. (And I can now add they've both returned on the new channel "Antenna TV.")

I pointed out that to continue the similarities, it would be nice if Shout! could license them from Sony.

Brian Ward responded with, "I think you're onto something there ..."

It wasn't very long after that that Shout! announced "Dennis the Menace - Season 1."

As for "Hazel," we're now getting that tantalizing reference in this thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if 2011 brings us an announcement of "Hazel - Season 2" from Shout!

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Both of mine are one-and-done:

Night Gallery

Amazing Stories

Plus I wish the two Wild Wild West television movies (The Wild Wild West Revisited and More Wild Wild West) would be released separetely from the Complete Series release for those of us who faitfully purchased the season sets as they were released.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
When you made the "maid" reference, I thought you meant that Teri Copley sitcom where she was the live-in maid for those two guys. Or maybe the Jefferson's --with her maid, "Florence."

Guess I'm off.

James

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
He said in the original post that it's been four years since it's become a "one-and-done" and Hazel S1 came out in Aug 2006. Who's the Boss S1 was released back in June 2004. I am thinking we are finally going to get Hazel...in Color!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasey

He said in the original post that it's been four years since it's become a "one-and-done" and Hazel S1 came out in Aug 2006. Who's the Boss S1 was released back in June 2004. I am thinking we are finally going to get Hazel...in Color!!

HAZEL is definitely the show he's hinting at and it's the one that Shout has made some slight allusions to (which Joe mentioned) on their own board. This is not a shocker, by any stretch.

Gary "it's something I'll certainly pick up" O.

greelywinger

Auditioning
Real Name
Darryl Crickmore
Show I want most to continue is Who's The Boss?

Show I want most on DVD is LA Law.

No episodes on DVD yet (only the reunion movie).

Darryl

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by greelywinger
Show I want most to continue is Who's The Boss?

Show I want most on DVD is LA Law.

No episodes on DVD yet (only the reunion movie).

Darryl

Who's the Boss is another one of my favorites as well. Sony property? If I recall on that one.

barnaby jones

cannon

coach

peticoat junction

my three sons

mccloud

the love boat

the untouchables

hart to hart

the streets of san francisco

the rookies

quincy

knots landing

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
For me it's "Who's the Boss?" is the show I want to be finished on DVD. I've never seen uncut episodes since it originally aired. I would hope Sony would let another company release it on DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks