Most popular SVS a year from now??...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy G, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

I'd take bets that once the word gets out to the "general" home theater population, the 25-31 PC Plus will quickly become SVS' best seller. What do ya'll think?

2. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

While the 25-31 is a impressive little beast I would still wager that the 20-39 will remain the SVS best seller. Why the 20-39 you ask? Because you get the best of both worlds! You can insert the port plug and get bottom feeding lows, remove the port plug and get within a db or 2 of the 25-31. Most people wouldn't notice a db or 2 of top end volume but I would bet that they would be able to feel the difference of a plugged 20-39 and a plugged 25-31. I'm bias b/c I already have a dual 20-39cs+/samson combo![​IMG]

3. John F. Palacio

John F. Palacio Supporting Actor

I think SVS having pushed as far as one can go (I think) a 12" woofer might be going in the direction of something larger or something using dual 12".
    Would like to see other's opinions.[​IMG]

4. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

I may be wrong, but I suspect that the GENERAL subwoofer purchaser(myself included) will prefer the convenience of the "all-in-one-package" and smaller size of the 25-31 PC+...not to mention the choice of tuning variability and extremely attractive price/performance ratio. I guess we'll have to wait and see....

5. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Randy,
    Hey, nice to see you participating on the forum again! Even the 25-31 is too big for you and I'm assuming the black tube just wouldn't match your decor!
    BTW, don't you just hate people that don't respond to your emails? [​IMG]
    Brian

6. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

I don't think the most popular SVS product a year from today has been released yet.

7. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

I have dual 25-31CS+'s with Sampson1000 amp and can't see myself upgrading for a LONG time. Though my girlfriend wants me to get 2 more for the living room. Maybe I'll go with Ultra's and swap them with the CS+'s.

8. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

Will there be a PC Ultra in the near future??

9. Matt Jesty

Matt Jesty Second Unit

How long have they been in buisness?

10. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Randy, you might be correct. The 25-31PC+ is definitely going to pack a wallop for its size/price class. Remember, physics sez you can only dictate 2 of the 3...size,price,performance. Pick any two[​IMG]
    John,
    >>>I think SVS having pushed as far as one can go (I think) a 12" woofer might be going in the direction of something larger or something using dual 12">I don't think the most popular SVS product a year from today has been released yet.

11. John F. Palacio

John F. Palacio Supporting Actor

"Nah, we like to let product development stagnate around here...nothing going on at the SVS skunk-works...very quiet and calm... - Tom Vodhanel -"
    Sure[​IMG]