What's new

Most Hated College Football Teams (1 Viewer)

R

RossTerry

its a tradition to play the Texas/OU game at a neutral site, equi-distant from each school. so they play at the cotton bowl in dallas everyyear

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Everyone seems to hate Spurrier. To tell you the truth, im not too fond of his actions and personal either. But Im not sure if we'd be half as good as we are without him.
As much as we hate the SOB. I don't think too many of us would argue his skill with X's and O's (actual coaching). His only short-coming is the fact that he is a pathetic human being. :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
texas anyone? i figure texas is extreme (either you hate them or you love them)
It depends on what part of the country you are in. Here in Big Ten country we don't even think about the Longhorns. They're just one of those schools which switched conferences a few years ago. :)
I do have one question... does anyone like Steve Spurrier? :laugh:

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Let's see...

Almost all the teams I hate are rivals. The only non-rival team I really hate is Miami, but that stems more from their past. Anyway, here's a few.

1. Georgia Tech. Being a graduate of the University of Georgia, it's my responsibility to hate Tech. Not only do I hate Tech, but I'll cheer for any team that is playing them.

2. Tennessee. I don't know what to say except I can't stand Tennessee. I was in heaven listening to ol' phat Phil whine after we beat them this year.

3. Florida. Spurrier's a jackass. 'Nuff said.

4. Auburn. These guys can't even decide who their mascot is. War Eagle? Tiger? C'mon guys pick one!

That's my list.

Robert McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
A little off topic, but with all of the Spurrier bashing going on I was wondering what the sentiment was concerning his accusations against FSU and Darnell Docket (being from Tallahassee I have my own thoughts :) )
He seems to be a great x and o man, but it doesn't appear he can change a game plan at halftime that isn't working.
Back on topic, I will "hate" a team only because of a coach or administration: I used to love Miami when they had Schnellenberger, then hate them when they had Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson; (and no, not because UM beat FSU in wide right 1 and 2), but they seemed to turn it around with Butch Davis and Larry Coker. I also used to root against Alabama because in the waning seconds of a typical drubbing of my undergraduate alma mater (Vanderbilt - yes, I know, where we learn humility on the gridiron and cheer when we beat the point spread) Bear Bryan kicked a long field goal with less than a minute left and beat the 25+ point point spread.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
I used to hate Miami back in the 80's and early 90's when after even a mediocre play, their players would whip their helmets off and prance around the field, just trying to get their mug on TV. Thank God the NCAA made it (on-field helmet removal) illegal.

My only current hatred is for the Shitcats (okay, its Wildcats. But worse than Auburn having multiple mascots, these guys went with the most unoriginal choice possible. Kentucky, Villanova, K-State, Northwestern... Anyone else?) of Southern Arizona. I don't have a problem with their coaches or players. Rather, all the jackasses who go to school there, espouse the greatness of Tucson and the evils of Phoenix, and then move to Phoenix after graduation. Here's an idea, if Tucson (a.k.a. sad ass border town) is so great, why don't you stay there!!! I mean, can you really see Columbus, OH half filled with University of Michigan alumni? Gator grads flocking to Knoxville? It's rigoddamndiculous...TF

And yes UA fans, I know where the idea for your mascot came from. And no, it's not a good excuse.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Life's too short for hate.

That said, Nebraska tops my "extreme dislike" list.

Rob

Craig

Second Unit
1) Florida - Head Bawl Coach is just too irritating for words.

2) Florida - see above.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
John T. , Spurrier is from Johnson City, Tn. , which is in the mountains of notheast Tennessee, near Bristol.
I love to see Florida lose games, which is hardly a common occurence. Spurrier's face gets so RED. I look at the man and he looks like a walking tomato-head. I wonder what is keeping every artery in his head from bursting at these moments? I laughed out loud at the man's colour in the waneing moments of the recent loss to the Vols! My dictionary defnes 'dour' thusly, see Steve Spurrier after a loss.
Nobody has mentioned Steve's nickname....
Steve Superior!
I never thought I'd see a coach more obcessive than Woody Hayes, Steve could be it? I understand he hates to lose at everything, anything. Ooouh, ooouh, I love it when his face turns red!!!!!!

Jim_F

Screenwriter
5-Any team from Florida

4-Nebraska

3-Ohio State

2-Michigan State

1-Notre Dame

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Ross, I'm sorry but anywhere in Texas is not a neutral site for the Texas/OU game and neither is anywhere in Oklahoma. Maybe they could play in Colorado or Nebraska.:)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Ross, I'm sorry but anywhere in Texas is not a neutral site for the Texas/OU game and neither is anywhere in Oklahoma. Maybe they could play in Colorado or Nebraska.
The game might be played in Texas, but I believe just as many OU fans go to that game as Texas fans. . .
And while we're on the subject, let me ask any Longhorns fan this question:
How does it feel to be outscored 77-17 by OU the past two years? :D
-mwb-

R

RossTerry

let me ask OU fans what its like to get beat by OSU and not play for a national championship....i know i know...Texas lost to CU and they arent in the championship either

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
My top 3 are:

Florida: Spurrier need I say more.

Miami: Only because they have always been a thorn in the side of my Noles.

Auburn: A bunch of babies they bought there way out of playing FSU in 1999 and 2000 because their new coach wanted a patsy to start off his new job.

>>>>--------Go-Noles----------->

1993 and 1999 National Champions

RudyB

Auditioning
My top 3 are
1. Florida State - Bobby Bowden need I say anymore. Well I will, For everything said about Spurrier he doesn't send players out on the field to intentionally injure other players.
2. Penn State - Just becuase of the holier than thou attitude of the fans and the coach.
3. Nebraska - Never really disliked them until last night when their QB won awards with more Int.'s than TD's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks