What's new

Most expensive dvd ever?? (1 Viewer)

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Does anybody know what the most expensive dvd ( s ) is ?
Producing them, I mean.
I was thinking of T2 UE or something...Or maybe LOTR EE?
Or maybe something that required a lot of remastering?

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I would think it would be either The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones DVDs since the visual effects for the deleted scenes were made just for the DVD releases and I'm sure that cost a lot of money. That's my guess anyway.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd guess anything that features a lot of music. Have to buy the rights to all those songs.

That's what's preventing "WKRP in Cincinnati" from coming to DVD. The music rights would be astronomical.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I would think LOTR FOTR EE would have to be at the top, especially if you included the costs of shooting the additional half an hour of footage, much of it very effects-laden.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
But wasn't the additional footage contained on the FOTR EE simply cut out of the original theatrical version? I do however think the additional scoring Howard Shore did for the EE as well as the additional visual effects cost mucho bucks.

I'd place it neck and neck between FOTR EE and the two SW DVDs. It'd be interesting to know what DVD actually did cost more to produce.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Well if the cost of the original film is considered, wouldn't TITANIC be the most expensive DVD to produce content for?

Anthony Urzi

Stunt Coordinator
if you're talking just the cost up and above what ti cost to create the movie, the costs specificly encured mastering and authering the dvd itself.

lord fo the ring sis up there with 4 disks atleast 2 of which were duel layer if not 3 plus the custom box design

Star wars is a good guess beacuase fo the extra footage they finished.

if you want to include sets, i'd say the alien quadridgy will be expensive

whats the most expensive single dvd, store price.

Windtalkers special ed streated for $39, msrp i belive, Brazil was up there too.

the 3 disk E.T. box set was pricy, also $39 i belive

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks