What's new

Most disappointed with in 2009/2010? (1 Viewer)

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Still waiting to finish 'Charlie's Angels' - just one more season to go. Also would like to see the remaining two seasons of 'The Bob Newhart Show'.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by DaveHof

Still waiting to finish 'Charlie's Angels' - just one more season to go. Also would like to see the remaining two seasons of 'The Bob Newhart Show'.

I have S1-S3 of Charlie's Angels and would love to complete this series. I have held off on S4, because that is time when Kate Jackson left and Shelley Hack joined. However, i may picked it up in the new year or maybe january if there is sale on for this season.

On a side note: i remember the Charlie's Angel trading cards. I remember the puzzle on the back when i was younger. I had a crush on Jacklyn Smith. I still love brunnettes today. My significant other is a brunnette, lol

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Disappointments in 2009/2010:

CBS/Paramount not releasing more seasons of Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley. (How can they continue with Taxi and not these two?)

CBS/Paramount not releasing the final season of Mork & Mindy.

CBS/Paramount releasing seasons 1 and 2 of The Lucy Show in a one-year interval. (They were much quicker with I Love Lucy - four seasons in a year! and with lesser-known shows such as Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - two seasons per year.).
Warner Bros. not releasing more seasons of Mama's Family and Perfect Strangers.

Sony not releasing more seasons of All in the Family and The Jeffersons.

MPI not releasing season four of Here's Lucy in 2010.

No DVD announcement or release of 60s Dennis the Menace.

Buena Vista not releasing The Golden Palace.

Anchor Bay not releasing The Ropers and Three's a Crowd.

Shout! Factory not releasing other shows in their entirety like they did with Leave it to Beaver (i.e. Mister Ed, All in the Family, The Facts of Life, ect.)

Shout! Factory not picking up the following the stalled series: Green Acres, The Jeffersons, and Diff'rent Strokes.

No announcement or release of a complete Bewitched box set.

Surprises in 2009/2010:

CBS/Paramount releasing The Lucy Show.

MPI releasing seasons of Here's Lucy.

Shout! Factory picking up abandoned shows like Mister Ed, All in the Family, The Facts of Life, ect.

Fox finishing up what they started: The Mary Tyler Moore Show. (now they need to finish up Green Acres).

Shout! Factory releasing Rhoda ..... and more seasons of it!

Shout! Factory releasing The Patty Duke Show ... and more seasons of it!

CBS/Paramount releasing another Christmas-Themed DVD that includes an episode of The Lucy Show.

Family Matters getting a DVD release.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Theodore J. Mooney

Disappointments in 2009/2010:

CBS/Paramount not releasing more seasons of Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley. (How can they continue with Taxi and not these two?)

CBS/Paramount not releasing the final season of Mork & Mindy.

CBS/Paramount releasing seasons 1 and 2 of The Lucy Show in a one-year interval. (They were much quicker with I Love Lucy - four seasons in a year! and with lesser-known shows such as Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - two seasons per year.).
Warner Bros. not releasing more seasons of Mama's Family and Perfect Strangers.

Sony not releasing more seasons of All in the Family and The Jeffersons.

MPI not releasing season four of Here's Lucy in 2010.

No DVD announcement or release of 60s Dennis the Menace.

Buena Vista not releasing The Golden Palace.

Anchor Bay not releasing The Ropers and Three's a Crowd.

Shout! Factory not releasing other shows in their entirety like they did with Leave it to Beaver (i.e. Mister Ed, All in the Family, The Facts of Life, ect.)

Shout! Factory not picking up the following the stalled series: Green Acres, The Jeffersons, and Diff'rent Strokes.

No announcement or release of a complete Bewitched box set.

Surprises in 2009/2010:

CBS/Paramount releasing The Lucy Show.

MPI releasing seasons of Here's Lucy.

Shout! Factory picking up abandoned shows like Mister Ed, All in the Family, The Facts of Life, ect.

Fox finishing up what they started: The Mary Tyler Moore Show. (now they need to finish up Green Acres).

Shout! Factory releasing Rhoda ..... and more seasons of it!

Shout! Factory releasing The Patty Duke Show ... and more seasons of it!

CBS/Paramount releasing another Christmas-Themed DVD that includes an episode of The Lucy Show.

Family Matters getting a DVD release.

You make valid points around some of releases. I remember shows like Mork & Mindy, Happy Days and Laverne and shirley. However, i am not very interested in those shows on dvd, because that is not where my interest lies. I am more into sci-fi, mystery, crime drama and a few sitcoms. I much prefer to see shows like the following released

1. Logan's Run

2. SWAT (S2)

3. Three's a Crowd

4. Ropers

5. The Hogan Family

6. Family Ties (the last few seasons)

7. Get a Life!

8. Mod Squad

9. Harry O

10. Sierra

I am not a big supporter of MOD and prefer to use amazon. However, that is my preference.

LCD22

Screenwriter
[COLOR= black]Lack of Blu-ray releases for Burn Notice: Season Three and Flashpoint: The Complete Second Season, NBC/Universal's continued DVD mistreatment of Friday Night Lights, and I was really hoping for Danger Bay and the Jeff Goldblum TV adaptation of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow would finally make it on the schedule, maybe we'll see both in 2011. I've been pushing rather hard for the former and did get two independents interested; one of them even passed the suggestion on for the latter. I just today fired off an e-mail to ALN who recently acquired "The Beachcombers", which I know many are clamoring for; to return “Danger Bay” back on American television after a two decade absence, so to further drum up an audience for a DVD release.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]On the upside, what I wanted to see most in 2010 got a release: MacGyver: The TV Movies. I'm set for the rest of the year, if nothing else.[/COLOR]

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I don't consider this to be a "disappointing" year by any means, simply because of the fact that the studios are beginning to get smart enough to release stuff either in complete series boxes from the get-go "Ally McBeal" and "Six Million Dollar Man," or by releasing stuff exclusively online. Either way, it seems to be working out, and more and more titles are being announced...stuff that probably never would have seen the light of day at Walmart.

However, Paramount continues to disappoint, over and over again. They managed to trickle out all of 90210 finally, but where's the rest of Melrose Place and Dynasty? And the Love Boat and Happy Days and god knows what else? We should have had all this stuff completed on dvd years ago, yet Paramount doesn't seem to think we mind waiting 2 or 3 years between seasons. I'm losing interest, and hopefully they'll join the online exclusive bandwagon (THANK YOU, WARNER BROS!!!) and get this stuff into our hands where it belongs!!!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
And might I add that I say all this from a collector's standpoint. Collectors DO NOT WANT digital downloads. This is not about the many ways of tv show distribution these days; this is about physical media! We do not want to view these shows on demand or online. We want them on dvd, where we can store them on a shelf and play them whenever we want, or just let them sit there and collect dust. That's what collectors do...!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
^^^

Well, I can't speak for all collectors of course, but I do agree with you 100% on wanting the physical DVDs. I don't want demand or shows online either. For me, it's somewhat akin to reading a book online. Yes, I can do it, but it's not the same thing as having the physical book in the hand.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
And might I add that I say all this from a collector's standpoint. Collectors DO NOT WANT digital downloads. This is not about the many ways of tv show distribution these days; this is about physical media! We do not want to view these shows on demand or online. We want them on dvd, where we can store them on a shelf and play them whenever we want, or just let them sit there and collect dust. That's what collectors do...!

Ethan, "Bravo"....you've said what many feel about this issue. If the day comes where I have to buy a set top "box" to stream, download, etc, I'll look at the specifics of the issue at that time. I'll be interested in "protection" aspects, as in, can the private renter or buyer make a copy of the content for their own library. Without that option, I'm not interested in seeing this format progress anytime soon.

I hope it's a ways off before we see widespread adoption of those formats. I do know that, if this format is dependent on high speed 'net access, there's a lot of people that don't have access to that. I'm fortunate to have very good 'net speeds but many are still waiting for that service in their area.

milore55

Auditioning
Real Name
milore summers
MANNIX MANNIX MANNIX!!!

WHERE IS SEASON 4?

Somebody must really hate Mike Connors over at CBS.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
one must wonder where the rest of the untouchables, vega$, and bonanza are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks