What's new

Most annoying things about going to the movies... (1 Viewer)

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
I havn´t been at a comercial Theater for a whole year now..
You guy´s just made me wait a bit longer until I go again...:)

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
Well I Have to say I had the worst theater experience ever when I went to see LotR with my GF. We got into the theater and it was pretty crowded so we grabbed the first open seats we found then I noticed that the place smelled like BO, I told my GF that I thought theaters were suppose to smell like popcorn. She pointed out to me this guy that his feet proped on a chair right next to me. It smelled so bad that we had to move and ended up getting crappy seats. Then I had some goober kicking my seat throughout the movie, someones cell went off and the guy didnt do anything for awhile, a baby cried like twice during some of the real intense scenes.

Luckily I had already seen it with my sister on opening day but my GF had never read LotR before so it was all new for her and I wanted things to be perfect, I felt bad but she said she had a good time and that she liked the movie a lot, I was still pissed though.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
- People with cell phones.
- Parents who have to bring their crying babies and young kids who want to run up and down the aisles to the movies.
- Parents who bring their young kids to Rated R movies.
- Teenagers (yes, I hate my own kind :)).
- People who kick your seat.
- People who have to describe every minute of the movie to the person they're with.
- People who have to have a conversation with the person they're with during the movie.
- People who show up late (I never show up late. I'm usually 30 - 45 minutes early :D).
- Assholes who think they could laugh at every little thing in the movie.
- Assholes who laugh during the most emotional scenes.
I could go on and on, but I won't. :)

Geno

Supporting Actor
This post should also be reasons that we all have our own HT.
Mine are:
- able to pause when you gotta pee
- can get alcohol while watching movie [wanted to say drink, but who here hasnt smuggled some sort of drink into a theater once and a while]
- does not cost $7 per person [unless you start charging at your door to cover the thousands spent on the HT :)]
- no distractions [this includes all the reasons above: kids, teens, cell phones, booing, laser pointers, fat tall people sitting in front of you, etc]
- comfortable [your HT is setup to please you not the vast majority of moviegoers]
- you can make fun of movies and not get yelled at by others for being loud [y'know what im talking about, all those bad movies that you have to make fun of or the movie isnt good(in example-"the crush")]
- no stupid local comercials before the movie starts
- no previews or hearing the preview guys voice over and over
- ONLY MAJOR REASON TO SEE MOVIES NOWADAYS IN THE THEATER IS TO SEE THE ORIGINAL VERSION AND NOT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH DIRECTOR EDITING (GREEDO SHOOTING FIRST)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks