Mosquito Coast,Great Film

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DaveGR, Jan 17, 2003.

1. DaveGR

DaveGR Stunt Coordinator

I dont know about the masses,but I have always loved The Mosquito Coast,and Consider Harrison Fords acting the best from the 80s, I get alot of people who say,,Hey Yeah you know,,I really liked that ,I forgot about that film,,Ford Usually gets his praise from Witness,but I think Mosquito Coast is a great film as well. I know most people would pick another performance from another actor as the best of the 80s,but thats just me.Just wondered other peoples thoughts on this film. I dont think the film is the best of the 80s,but that performance in my mind just stands pretty high.:)

2. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

I agree, a wonderful performance by Harrison Ford. I remembered watching it on tape years ago and saw the DVD for a good price so I picked it up.

3. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

I've loved The Mosquito Coast since the first time I saw it when I was 11, really late at night. Couldn't stop watching. Gotta get the DVD as soon as possible.

4. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Harrison Ford has said that Mosquito Coast is his favorite out of all the films he has done, but I still haven't seen it! Really need to watch this one.

5. Zane Charron

Zane Charron Second Unit

I agree, The Mosquito Coast is a very good film. Got a decent transfer to DVD as well. Not Peter Weir's best film, but certainly one of Harrison Ford's best acting jobs. I've always enjoyed watching it. It's a well told story.

6. Vic_T

Vic_T Stunt Coordinator

I'm really found of this film as well. You'd be surprised at the number of people that think of it as a bomb. My favorite non-Lucas Harrison Ford film.

7. DaveGR

DaveGR Stunt Coordinator

Im glad to see people dug it like me,I seen it when it first came out,and I was only about 8,but I remember thinking,This is a great movie. I hope it grows on people. [​IMG]

8. Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H. Stunt Coordinator

I had The Mosquito Coast on laserdisc and loved it. I will be picking it up on DVD soon. Let's not forget the late River Phoenix is in this film.