What's new

Mortal Kombat 6 will be the game we hoped MK5 would! (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Although MK5 was a great game in it's own, it just did not deliver the bloody lusciousness we wanted. It is ashame we had to wait for MK5 and have that make Midway learn our expectations.

From www.mk5.org :

We were able to obtain some of the first exclusive details of the next major Mortal Kombat release by series co-creator, Ed Boon. This will hopefully settle some confusion of news of the game in recent magazine publications. This information we received on MK6 came personally from Ed Boon himself while we were covering this year's E3 convention in Los Angeles. From our conversation:

MK6 will use an improved version of the MK:DA engine; there will not be a complete rewrite.
The next installment of Mortal Kombat will feature more platform-specific code. Each version of MK6 will use the same engine, but it will be tweaked to use the strengths of each specific console. The focus will be more on pushing each system to its limit, as opposed to trying to keep all 3 versions of the game as close to each other as possible.
The backgrounds will be much more interactive than anything we've seen yet. When asked about background items that could impale you, Ed assured us, "That's only the beginning."
Multiple fatalities are an extreme definite.
An online component is confirmed, and will play a major role in the game.

The game, which is currently referred to as "MK6", has not yet been officially named. Chances are, however, that the final name will include a subtitle like Deadly Alliance and Tournament Edition, and not the number 6. MK5.ORG will follow the development of Mortal Kombat 6 straight to its completion, which is reported to be released sometime in 2004.

Further researched and came up with maybe a more reliable source: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/394/394920p1.html

-Bert

Damien

Supporting Actor
I despised Deadly Alliance, so I am pretty much indifferent to this game.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
an online component....

this is too vague..will we actually be able to fight head to head online or is it just downloadable content?

unless the gamecube gets something going with their online strategy, i can't see myself purchasing this..soul calibur 2 is miles ahead

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Key phrase : will play a major role in the game.

SCII isn't even in the same overall category, yes they're both fighting genres, but how can you compare them, one is aimed for gore and brutality and the other is an amazing arcade-esque fighter.

This one is what everyone wanted in MK5, why the hell you guys defaulting with a negative mentality?

This will pwn SCII.

Bring on the arguments!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Ever since MK3 press has promised a better sequel but they just keep getting worse imo! Even still, I'm glad the game is still alive & kicking.. it's an American classic! :)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I liked the original the best when they used digitized real people. Why don't they do that anymore? It was always so much cooler to feel like you were ripping the spine out of a real person instead of a drawn person.

Scott Ware

Stunt Coordinator
I liked the original the best when they used digitized real people. Why don't they do that anymore? It was always so much cooler to feel like you were ripping the spine out of a real person instead of a drawn person.
Mortal Kombat's 1 through Trilogy have used digital characters. The reason that the method is not used anymore is because most games couldn't pull it off effectively and because the games are no longer in 2-D. Like it or not, 2-D games don't sell anymore.

I liked Deadly Alliance, but it felt a little rushed to me. If what they are promising in this article is implimented, then I think we are in for a treat with MK6.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks