What's new

Mortal Kombat (2021) (1 Viewer)

Vsndesigns

Auditioning
Real Name
Victor Noda
I loved the beginning of the movie, it completely reminded me of watching the old japanese chambara toho movies of yesteryear, and the rest of the movie reminded me of the flying acrobatic chinese movies like the fatal flying guillotine. For some reason I couldn't really get behind Ryu in this version though, guess the pov was more scorpion I guess. I've definitely seen worse, but it wasn't like when I see a movie that's a couple hours long and it feels like only 20 minutes went by...surprisingly those movies usually end up being summer block buster hits.

kalm_traveler

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jake
I was about to post asking if I should try to force myself to finish watching this - streamed part of it 2 nights ago, another 30 mins or so last night but it's been painful.

Most likely looking at this from a nostalgia lens of the 1995 movie but I actually still like that original movie a lot more. It was also bad, but the characters felt more comic-booky to me in the original. This new one feels like something my theater friends in high school would have made if they had a big budget.

To be fair though the fight scenes have been fun, but the acting is so cheesy I wanted to puke.

ok end of rant, if you guys say the end is better than the rest I'll try to finish watching it tonight.

kalm_traveler

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jake
The first 10 minutes is the best part of the movie. You're better off just watching the pitch meeting video for the movie, much more entertainment there.
that's what I was afraid of. the intro was pretty cool, then the rest (I still have about 20 mins remaining) was terrible. I guess I'll just suffer another 20 minutes to finish it off. Glutton for punishment or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks