Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Mortal Engines Blu-ray Review
MortalEngines_feat-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Hope the 3D release raises this above the "meh" level.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I've pre-ordered the UK 3D, as it was pretty reasonably priced and it never hurts to have another 3D movie. :)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I just watched my 3D and 2D Blu and can highly recommend the movie. The world created comes to vivid life in 3D and as I watched I was really sorry that I had not seen the movie theatrically.
What ever reason there was for this not being a success, it was not the movie itself.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm not sure this was ever going to be a huge hit, but I think the choice of release date was a major miscalculation by Universal. It came out the same weekend as Spider-Verse, and just one week prior to the triple-pack of Aquaman, Mary Poppins Returns, and Bumblebee. It was fighting for recognition among four films with far better-known subjects and it was not going to win that fight.

Had they waited a month until January 11, its competition would have been The Upside and A Dog's Way Home and there would have been little other significant competition until Captain Marvel on March 8.

Estimates are that the studio took a loss of over $175m on this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks