What's new

Morrowind GOTY Edition (1 Viewer)

Why Bethesda, Why Microsoft. Why do you tease us.

They release the supposed new version of Morrowind without the DDE bugs. And now we have a game that freezes everytime im in combat. Boy that makes a fun game let me run when an enemy is near.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this, even if buying a new xbox will do it, im game.

thanks

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
I read over on TXB that some people with the older "launch" systems with Thompson drives are experiencing problems with the newer games :frowning: I have had a few issues when loading some of the new games but no freezing. I plan on getting a new one soon but hate to lose all my game data on the HD.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
Gee, a Bethesda game shipped with bugs? No! You must be joking!

I know, I know, all game companies do it, but ol' Beth is going to be a long time living down the Daggerfall debacle.

Speaking of Daggerfall and Morrowind, I was utterly entranced by the idea of a totally open-ended game like that, but I simply couldn't stand the combat system in either game. I play RPGs in part because I don't like console-ish "twitch" games, so why would I want an RPG that plays like one?

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
I too am having problems with random freeze ups and slow downs with the goty edition..I had the original and had no problems
I play RPGs in part because I don't like console-ish "twitch" games, so why would I want an RPG that plays like one?
I agree 100% but morrowind is still pretty cool while I did not care for Daggerfall at all

JamesH

Supporting Actor
This game seems to stop to load the environment approximately 8-10X as often as the original. I'm really dissapointed, I waited a long time for a DDE free Morrowind and the new and "improved" version isn't really any more playable than the first.

Just thought that I would let everyone know, I found a cure for the freezes and DDE on Morrowind GOTY.

I went out and bought a new Xbox. The game is virtually pause freeze it loads in half the time and it does not freeze at all.

After talking to Xbox Tech the said call Bethesda and its there problem a new X box wouldnt help. And Bethesda said it was the Xbox. I bought one.

Instant cure for the DDE, plus I get 2 months of free Xbox Live and 2 free games.

Also the disc tray on the New Xbox is completly different from on Original Launch Xbox. So they have upgraded the Xbox with new equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks