Morrissey Who Put the “M” in Manchester? DVD & Live at Earls Court CD

Discussion in 'Music' started by Gabriela Mendez, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Gabriela Mendez

Gabriela Mendez Stunt Coordinator

Both available tomorrow. For those fortunate enough to screen the concert in HD 5.1 DD, would like to hear from you. The screenings are tomorrow night, but unfortunately won't be able to see it....

Morrissey Who Put the “M” in Manchester? (Attack/SVE) DVD Live at Earls Court (Attack/Sanctuary) CD Two Live experiences, coming March 29 in the USA and April 4th in Europe
    March 21, 2005 "Leave it to the trickster dandy of British rock to make a return in his own, eccentric way...[the live show] was a typical Morrissey paradox: an ironic religious experience"
    - Rolling Stone, June 10, 2004

"No one can sing a swooning ballad over a straight-ahead punk-inspired riff the way Morrissey can; few other singers would be brave (or foolish) enough to try...he is an extraordinary performer and never runs out of ways to tease his fans."
    - New York Times, May 6, 2004

"Mozzy! Mozzy! Mozzy! chanted the sellout crowd...he was the same playful, pugnacious, preening dandy, extending his jaw to a hostile world, taking a hit and then striking back with lines of lacerating wit."
    - Los Angeles Times, April 20, 2004

Morrissey had the busiest year of his career in 2004, with You Are the Quarry becoming his most successful CD ever, with four singles going top ten in the UK and US radio embracing his two single releases stateside. He graced countless magazine covers, performed on television and took “the show on the road,” with a sold out world tour. On the heels of the tour, which wrapped up in December 2004, Morrissey is releasing a live DVD and CD, both of which capture a different facet of the tour.

The DVD, Who Put the “M” in Manchester? (Attack/Sanctuary Visual Entertainment), was filmed May 22, 2004 shortly after the release of You Are the Quarry at his now legendary homecoming/birthday show in Manchester, England. The DVD showcases not only the album, but includes both Morrissey and Smiths classics. The concert was filmed by Bucky Fukumoto from A/V Club, who also directed Morrissey's three music videos for this album, all of which are included as DVD extras.

The CD, Live at Earls Court, captures the end of the tour and was recorded over the final 5 sold out dates in London, Glasgow, Birmingham, Brighton and Dublin this past December. The CD will have a different track listing from the DVD and will also include additional never before performed b-sides as well as rarely performed Morrissey and Smiths classics.

Track listing for Who Put the "M" in Manchester? DVD:
    First of the Gang To Die
    Hairdresser on Fire
    Irish Blood, English Heart
    The Headmaster Ritual
    Everyday Is Like Sunday
    I Have Forgiven Jesus
    I Know It’s Gonna Happen Someday
    How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
    Rubber Ring
    Such a Little Thing Makes Such a Big Difference
    Don’t Make Fun of Daddy’s Voice
    The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
    Let Me Kiss You
    No One Can Hold a Candle To You
    Jack the Ripper
    A Rush and a Push and the Land is Ours
    I’m Not Sorry
    Shoplifters of the World Unite
    There is a Light That Never Goes Out

Track listing for Live at Earls Court CD:
    How Soon Is Now?
    First of the Gang To Die
    November Spawned a Monster
    Don't Make Fun of Daddy’s Voice
    Big Mouth Strikes Again
    I Like You
    Redondo Beach
    Let Me Kiss You
    Munich Air Disaster 1958
    There is a Light That Never Goes Out
    The More You Ignore Me
    Friday Mourning
    I Have Forgiven Jesus
    The World is Full of Crashing Bores
    Shoplifters of the World Unite
    Irish Blood, English Heart
    You Know I Couldn't Last
    Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

[​IMG][/url] [/IMG]

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I picked up both and listened to some of the CD in my car at lunch. So far so good. There are some fun little updates and asides to his songs when he does them live, such as in the Smiths classic "Bigmouth Strikes Again" where he says "The flames rose/To her Roman nose/And her iPod started to melt." [​IMG]

Regards,