What's new

Mork from Ork Gone for good? (1 Viewer)

StephenRou

Auditioning
Hi all

I was just wondering... It has soon been a year since they released the fantastic Mork and Mindy DVD. And the moment I was done with the season, I have been watching the web in hopes of hearing Paramount announcing Season 2,3 and 4.

Buuuuuuuut.... Nothing... Not even a word after the fabulous Behind the Scenes of Mork and Mindy story... Not even a peep.

Does anyone know what happened? Did Paramount cancel the show on DVD?

Does anyone know, who to contact for more info on this matter? And should we start a patition in hopes of reviving the show on DVD?

One last question I hope someone knows the answer to...

I have been looking on eBay for Press Kits from different movies, and I found a lot of them. I was wondering how does one get these Press Kits? Who do I need to call in order to get them directly? And what does it cost?

Thanks and this is my first post here so be gentle... ;) :b

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Let me be the first,Stephen,to say welcome to the Home Theater Forum.I,to,want to see more seasons of Mork and Mindy on dvd,and am disappointed we haven't heard any news,on this matter,in almost a year.It curently airs,here in Canada,on TV Land,but I won't watch any epsiodes because I want to see them on dvd,instead.

StephenRou

Auditioning
Thanks Stephen!

It is good to be here, I really hope some people in the show business are following some of these posts.

I really like Mork and Mindy and I wish they would do something about releasing them soon.

Take care and have fun!

PS. Did you know anything about Press Kits? I have no idea where to get them...

Thanks

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Seems kind of obvious, but press kits are sent by the studios to the press / media / decision makers in order to generate publicity for the movie / tv show in question. You can't order them. You can write to the publicity departments of the various studios who will consider you IF you have the credentials to prove you write/ broadcast or have any sort of forum that they would like to use to promote their products.

Otherwise, you'll have to get them second hand off e-bay.

StephenRou

Auditioning
Thought so... I just see so many on eBay it almost feels like it is some kind of a business behind it...

Anyway, I do have a local magazine I write for. It is for a youths and so there are a lot of articles on a bunch of things... Movies? Well we have about a page or two... So I am not too sure about our importance.... :frowning:

Oh well, I will give it a try though... Who knows...

Thanks for clearing that up...

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
You never know with TV on DVD if a show is abandoned.
Disney will release Once and Again Season 2 this August about 3 years after Season 1 was released and we are finally
getting Mary Tyler Moore Season 2 from Fox.

Never say never. There is always hope.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

This is correct...we had over a year between All in the Family season 2 and 3 and longer between Jeffersons season 2 and 3. I also hope that something materializes with Mork and Mindy but this hasn't been a long wait by the standards of some shows. Although I am a bit surprised not to have heard something about season 2 of Happy Days.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

didn't Sony announce "no more Mad About You or Larry Sanders" or is that still speculation and maybe one day we'll see more sets?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Wasn't it said here on HTF that ALF will probably be the same, only Season One.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
The second season of Alf is supposed to come out in July or August is it not???? Its on the list at Deep Discount DVD.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Could be. It's been awhile since I heard talk here that the first season was messed up and folks thought the second season would not come out.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Season two of ALF is coming out; I've seen the box art. Looks like syndicated episodes again though. No sale here. :thumbsdown:

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Apparently Mork & Mindy has been abandoned along with Happy Days because of music-rights issues.

Kenny Neal

Stunt Coordinator
Re: Larry Sanders

Garry Shandling has been on talk shows recently saying a multi-disc "best of" Larry Sanders set is coming, with his participation.

Of course, season sets would be best, but whattayagonnado? A little Larry is better than no Larry.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I can see the music-rights issues associated with Happy Days(period music),that led Paramount to abandon it,but what music-rights issues are there with Mork & Mindy?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks