"Mork and Mindy" extras?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Robert DH, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Robert DH

Robert DH Auditioning

Where can I email to ask that the forthcoming "Mork and Mindy" DVDs include the "Happy Days" episodes in which Mork appeared, and the other pilot, "Out of the Blue" I think it was, in which Mork visits his friend, Random the Angel?

2. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

When they get to the final season set, it would be great if they included the 3-D version of the 2nd to last show.."Gotta Run Part 2".

Yes, you heard right. The episode was shot in 3-D, but never aired that way as the series was cancelled before they could promote it.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The DVDs are already pretty much created. Whatever they have decided to include or leave out, those decisions were finalized quite some time ago.

I join you in hoping that those episodes are included, but I bet my socks that they aren't. Neither "Happy Days" nor "Laverne & Shirley" included any extras, I doubt M&M will get any either.

More significant, HD is known to contain a total of "16" episodes (the same count as is known to be for their proper 1st season, no pilots included), and L&S a total of "15" episodes (ditto).

Well, HD had a "pilot" that was an episode in the series "Love, American Style", and L&S appeared on "Happy Days" before getting their own series. Twice, actually: once the season before they got their own series, and then again ONE WEEK BEFORE the premiere of their own show (sort of a last-minute promotion of the spin-off). None of these cross-overs will be on the proper season sets. So it's for sure that Mork & Mindy won't get the benefit of it, either.

Sorry!

4. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Too bad they couldn't include the blooper reels for Mork and Mindy. The reason I say couldn't is that due to Mr. Williams' (and others') use of "colourful metaphors", they would've had to bleep it or would have had to rated the set "R".

I think in the UK, where all videos/DVD are given a certificate (rating), if the supplements contain material more objectionable than the main feature itself, then the supplements either have to be edited/censored or the release has to be issued with a higher rating than that of the main feature.

Still, I wouldn't have minded "M&M" coming out as an R-rater if we'd have gotten the uncut blooper reels. Would really love to be able to replace my fuzzy "fan" copies.

5. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Too bad they couldn't include the blooper reels for Mork and Mindy. The reason I say couldn't is that due to Mr. Williams' (and others') use of "colourful metaphors", they would've had to bleep it or would have had to rated the set "R".

I think in the UK, where all videos/DVD are given a certificate (rating), if the supplements contain material more objectionable than the main feature itself, then the supplements either have to be edited/censored or the release has to be issued with a higher rating than that of the main feature.

Still, I wouldn't have minded "M&M" coming out as an R-rater if we'd have gotten the uncut blooper reels. Would really love to be able to replace my fuzzy "fan" copies.

6. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I am an adult... I want to hear Robin in all is expletive glory. "Nanu f'ing Nanu!"

Ryan

7. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I am an adult... I want to hear Robin in all is expletive glory. "Nanu f'ing Nanu!"

Ryan