What's new

Morgan Freeman seriously injured (1 Viewer)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Oh my God.. that's terrible. I'm praying that he makes a very speedy recovery and this isn't anything too serious.

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
Just got this from MSNBC:

TMZ.com is reporting that state troopers said "The Dark Knight" star was talking at the scene of the accident and that a friend of the actor's said Freeman was sitting up and talking at the hospital.

Let's hope it's true. Freeman is one of the best actors we have and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Cheers,

Jason

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I just heard it was "just" a broken arm and shoulder. The initial report I read made it sound like he wasn't going to make it, so that'll be great news if true.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
My heart stopped in my chest for a moment when I read the header. Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Hope these latter reports of a less serious injury are true. Morgan Freeman is one of the best actors we have today and I hope to see him in many more films.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hope both of them make a recovery: him and the female passenger that was in the car with him.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

I can't resist. Was she the passenger?:

Seriously, I hope Morgan makes a full recovery and continues to grace us with his presence in many more movies to come.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Morgan Freeman injured in car accident in Miss. - Yahoo! News

--
"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."

McFerrin said bystanders converged on the scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor.

When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.
--

Sounds like he will be fine.

--
H

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

F$%k, this society is getting ghoulish. Eventually, it's going to burn. Luckily it sounds like he is, for the most part, okay. Maybe "the woman", as that classy, "professional" reporter referred to her as, will be just as lucky.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's just human nature to focus on the person we know. Of course we hope for the best for her, but we wouldn't know the name and she and her family may value the anonymity right now.

I don't want to be a downer, and I hope he'll be okay, too, but it's too early to say, "He'll be fine" just because he's lucid and joking. A friend of a friend was hit by a drunk driver and seemed like he was going to be fine, but a clot broke loose in the night and hit his heart. Life is fragile.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
The latest reports sound very good.
I'm glad this didn't happen in the same place 50 years ago.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like it was a broken arm, broken elbow and minor should damage. Apparently nothing life threatening or overly serious and he's expected to make a full recovery. Very good news. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Glad it's only minor injuries. He's one of my favourite reasons to watch The Shawshank Redemption and alot of other movies he's in. For some-odd reason, he'll just pass away at very old age and make a hell of alot more movies.
One of my favourites and damn glad he's in the current Batman series.:D

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Glad they were wearing seatbelts. We'd be talking about how great he "was".

Hoping for a speedy recovery. Morgan is one of my fav actors ever. He was unbelievable in Driving Miss Daisy. I guess it'll be Driving Mr. Freeman for a little while. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks