What's new

More Warner TV BDs: New seasons of "Torchwood", "Chuck", "Terminator", "Fringe" (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I will pickup Sarah Connor S2 and Fringe S1 , especially since I missed the later the first time around.

I suppose it is too much to ask to have Pushing Daisies S2 released on BD since they unceremoniously dumped one of the best shows on TV! :angry:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Different "they" - Warner didn't "dump" Pushing Daisies, ABC did. I wouldn't be terribly shocked if Warner couldn't say or do anything about it until the disposition of the final episodes is decided on - announcing a video release would undercut any broadcast ABC is considering.

I'm all over Fringe; that's rapidly become one of my favorite shows, and I imagine Pinkner & company will have tons of bonus material for it.

And did we ever get a US BD release of Torchwood series 2? I skipped buying series 1 because, well, it wasn't very good, but series 2 was a distinct improvement, and series 3 won't even be airing in the UK for a couple months.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Right. I should've been clearer about who dumped Pushing Daisies, but in my anger I forgot.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
That's a good point about the final episodes holding up an announcement. Still my fear is that a canceled show won't merit a BD release once the final episodes are aired if ever.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I dunno. Considering Warner released it on BD despite poor ratings and a short season last year, I'd give it a slightly better than even chance. AFAIK, it hasn't even been confirmed when ABC will air the final episodes, so as mentioned that's what's holding up any release news.

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
No series 2 release yet, in the US or the UK. People who contacted 2 Entertain a few months ago were told that they were working on a release, but couldn't give a date.

I was fearing that, like S1, we'd be getting S2 BR day-and-date with S3 on DVD and no S3 HD release. Fortunately, it looks like that's not the case. If it was a sales issue with S1 BR, hopefully good sales for S3 BR (when people aren't up against rebuying a show they already bought) will lead to an S2 BR release. And if it wasn't a sales issue, hopefully it'll be day-and-date with S3.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
The only show I enjoy that is listed would be Chuck. But I watch it every monday so there will be no need to buy it.;)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Count me among those who will get the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles season 2 on BD. The season one set is really nice.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Sweet. I am so down for this.

I'm not so sure I'm down for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles any longer though. The show lost its way somewhere around the middle of the season with the whole warehouse thing and never fully recovered. It is probably getting canceled to, which doesn't help my motivation either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks