What's new

More Vacation news ! (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
From the Interview:

Multiplicity was a movie that tested really well. People seeing the movie really liked it, but then the studio couldn't market it
I feel exactly the same way. Multiplicity is a FUNNY movie and has been watched more than once in my house.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I had never heard about the 20 minute alternate ending either. It sounds absolutely hilarious.
Actually, it sounds positively depressing.

Having said that, I hope it makes it to the DVD so we can at least judge for ourselves.

We may regret it if it happens, though.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I may have missed this, but do we have a date set yet for the Special Edition of Christmas Vacation?
....and perhaps a release date for "Vegas Vacation" as well? :) I know both Christmas and Vegas are going to be 16:9 OAR, but are they going to have any special features like the original is getting?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No dates for SE's of CV or VV yet...sorry. Probably not until after the SE of the first film gets released.

I'd be surprised if CV-SE missed the holiday season, though. And then probably VV-SE after that. Just guessing, but it makes the most sense.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Warner said that they'd be out by year's end... but did they ever mention that CV and VV were going to be special editions? I don't recall them saying so. Just re-releases with widescreen transfers.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
This is what I love about WB. Yes, they have some annoying policies like the snappers and no DTS, but they treat nearly every catalog title with respect.
Bullseye! :D Exactly. Lots of much-loved films get very good/great transfers, great sound (448kbps DD5.1 aside! :D ), generous extras and tasteful artwork. It's really just the snappers that they seem to fail on. but they don't bother me at all; all my snappers are still in impeccable condition, and the oldest one is JEREMIAH JOHNSON.

I'm happy! :D

Gordy

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
No ! Davis dvd reports that the upcoming vacation dvd, will have 5 hidden featurettes as easter eggs! I hate looking for supplements ! Hopefully when any site does a review ,they will let us know how to obtain them.:)

Haden

Supporting Actor
No ! Davis dvd reports that the upcoming vacation dvd, will have 5 hidden featurettes as easter eggs! I hate looking for supplements ! Hopefully when any site does a review ,they will let us know how to obtain them.
Hopefully more footage of Christie Brinkley in the swimming pool. :)

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
I wonder if they semi-stole (quasi-stole?) the ending from the original picture to use in Christmas Vacation ? Eddie kidnapping Clark's boss from his house sounds a little too coincidental to be a coincidence.

I can't wait for this DVD! One of my favorite comedies of all time (with Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Raising Arizona, and Blazing Saddles).

Great news and on my birthday to boot!
Man, I wish this was being released on MY birthday! All I get is some little trilogy of art films about some geeky archaeologist galavanting around the globe chasing nazis and arks and stuff. Bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks