What's new

More Superbits Coming Oct. 26th (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I was suprised Tears of the Sun was not included in this set. I also expect Taxi Driver, Ghostbusters, and Glory to make the cut sometime. Anyone of these would certainly benefit from it.

CraigL

Screenwriter

I wouldn't necessarily expect them.

Have ANY of the Japanese Superbits come out here?

CraigL

Screenwriter

BHD wasn't released as a superbit in Japan.

I'm talking about the movies that were ONLY released as superbits in japan.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
BHD was released as a Superbit Deluxe as I recall in Japan but also as a collectors edition set that the same as the R1 3-disc set, but it also had the English DTS track. This is similar to the R3 set a well, which was a superbit deluxe (and playable in R1) but it dropped the commentaries in favor of the DTS and picture quality. I own this set, and its a nice compromise if you still want many of the great supplements, but also superbit quality A/V. This is one of those releases that was improved upon in terms of sound and picture quality. The DTS track is simply phenomenal. I also like the packaging and cover art so much better than the R1 release.

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
By the way, if you haven't seen it on another thread, it is official that Spider-Man will be released as a Superbit along with the regular version of the film, available on my birthday (Nov. 30) What a birthday present for me! :)

Also, I would like Tears of the Sun, First Knight, and Godzilla to be Superbits here in the states. It appears that Godzilla is a UK release only! Not available in Japan either. I would like to see some of the same titles available in Japan, available here as well.

What ever happened to the survey that they had last time? It appears that alot of consumers that don't like Superbit; unlike myself, I LOVE them.

Anyway, they need to conduct another survey, asking us what films would we like to see available in Superbit. I do hope that they will offer something similar in the BluRay format as well. That's another thread.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

It's beyond that. The Superbit disc is a travesty. Re: Leon. I'm with Matt, the International Version is a good disc and the audio superior to the Superbit disc.

This poor film and it's audio issues on dvd.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I think Glory is the title in the most need of a superbit release. That and Last Action Hero, especially since it has seemed to go to FULLSCREEN only now. The OAR version is scarce now.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
I have both Glory and Dr. Strangelove as Superbits and I think they look great. That´s the kind of movies I want to see as Superbits, movies that need a remaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks